Chapter 5: A Ram and A Duck

Y/n was finally settled down in her new home. It was a simple tower, much to her annoyance, that was made of cobblestone, white cement, and bricks. It was tucked into a little corner of the L'manberg walls. 

It was a few days after the war and she was healing up. She now had a scab on her cheek from being shot at and she had wrapped her waist with bandages. She tended to her younger brother's wounds but Wilbur wouldn't let her. 

"Why not?" She asked, "I just want to help." 

"I know..." He whispered, "But I don't want you seeing me like this." 

"What happened?" She asked her voice was clear and demanding "Who hurt you?" 

"Punz and Sapnap." Wilbur said "They... They cut off my wings." 

Her eyes widened and she asked him to lift his shirt. He compiled but it was slow. 

Where she expected the dark brown outline of wings, there were none. Where his wings were supposed to connect there was nothing but two brown blobs. 

"They cut them off." She said her voice soft "How dare they? Don't they know these wings are scared? That these wings don't come randomly and only to our family?" 

Her voice was shaking with rage and she stomped her foot down. She saw red and she tried to walk out the door but Wilbur stopped her. 

"What's done is done." He said, "But for now, you need to cool off. Go explore. It'll be good for you." 

"Fine, but if I see punz and sapnap I'm going to wring their necks." She said and walked out fists clenched 

She walked out of L'manberg walls and headed towards the forest. It was spruce, filled to the brim with animals and lakes. A few hours later, she found a clearing within it with a lake three types of flowers, and two animals, who seemed to be communicating. 

She sat down with a sigh and lit a small flame with her finger. "Oh, to be able to commit arson so easily." She murmured and let the flame die in the water 

She noticed that the two animals were staring at her. A duck and a ram, what an odd combination of animals. The duck wore a mini beanie and the ram wore a blue turtleneck. 

"You two must be shifters." She said softly "if not, you're someone's pets. What are you doing out here?" 

The duck walked closer and hopped onto her thigh, its wings desperately flapping as to not fall. With a nudge of her hand, she safely allowed it to sit on her thigh. 

The ram seemed almost scared to approach her as if she would get mad at it. "Come little one." She called to it "I won't hurt you." 

The ram only made a noise to the duck and the yellow bird looked between them as if in shock. 

"Well, while you two talk shit about me, I'm going to plot someone's death." She mumbled

The two animals looked at her curiously. The duckling quacked while turning its head. 

"Two idiots cut off my brother's wings." She scowled "These wings are only born in our family. A gift bestowed on our father when he married the nymph of flowers and goddess of death, Kristen. 

"She's amazing, I remember her vividly. My dad and brothers don't. They think she was a fridge." She said with a slight chuckle "Well, Two of my brothers know she wasn't a fridge. Me, Tubbo, and Techno. The reason why is because We're not her biological kids. 

She sat in silence for a few moments because of those words. 

" I wish I were though. My biological parents are shit. My dad is an alcoholic and left us in a box on the side of the road while we were asleep when I was five, and our mom hasn't been there since I was three." She ranted "Thankfully, my brother doesn't remember her or my dad. I do have one thing from my parents, a diamond dagger. Sharp as hell and deadly with fire."