Prologue - Life from lifelessness

Start from the beginning

Karna was a towering man with thick black hair and piercing blue eyes and many of the humans looked to him for leadership. One blustery day Karna came across a most unfair confrontation between a young colt and a pair of steel giants. The small purple horse was hurt; one of its four thin bandy legs was limp and being painfully dragged along behind it. The two pursuing creatures bounded along in hot pursuit, they used their arms and legs to move, much like a pair of gorillas. The huge steel-skinned apes came near to the colt and the first steel giant raised its great iron fist to strike down on its prey. The colt sensed the danger, dropped to the ground, and summoned a ball of lightning that was brilliant white in the middle, fading to a dark purple colour at its edge. The ball of energy flew into the chest of the giant looming above it and forced it back a step, causing the fist of the primate to pass harmlessly over the colt's head.

  The ball of energy flew into the chest of the giant looming above it and forced it back a step, causing the fist of the primate to pass harmlessly over the colt's head

On the crest of a nearby hill, Karna watched the battle; he was impressed by the colt's tenacity, the way that it never gave up, even in this futile battle. When the steel gorilla's next blow hit the lightning colt and launched the injured creature backwards toward Karna, something snapped in his mind. He charged forward to join the battle, determined to stop the hardly fair contest. Karna flew down the hill; he drew his sword and put himself between the small horse and the two large gorillas.

"Halt, you shall do no more harm to this defenceless creature, unless you feel strong enough to get past me!" Karna roared at the beasts

"Halt, you shall do no more harm to this defenceless creature, unless you feel strong enough to get past me!" Karna roared at the beasts. The gorillas did not seem to notice Karna or his words and continued to pound forward towards the colt.

"So be it," Karna whispered to the wind and he began to advance towards the gorillas. He held his sword low, and his blade began to glow, getting brighter with every step until he reached the first gorilla, by which time the sword was white hot. The gorilla did not stop, it intended to just run down the man and continue its reckless rush towards the colt that was struggling to rise. Karna planted his feet and jumped toward the gorilla, raising his brilliant white sword in an upward diagonal slash from right to left, which cut across the rough steel skin of the gorilla's chest. The burning hot sword cut through the beast's iron skin and molten steel poured out of the gaping wound like blood. The gorilla's mad charge faltered as its slow dull brain realised, that not only was it under attack by a new foe, but it was also severely wounded.