60 • Bonfire's • 60

Start from the beginning

I pulled away from her, embarrassment washing over my face as I looked to the boys who looked like they were trying to bite their tongues. I realised they probably didn't want me to know how worried I'd made them.

"I'm fine, really." I said to her, as she pulled away from me, but she kept her hands on my shoulders. 

"Thank god!" She said, her loud tone making me question how much she'd had to drink. "If you ever need to talking about anything I'm here, okay? So are the boys. Even Sebastian, despite his cold demeanour, he's a softie really."

I found my self amused by this and it turned out I wasn't the only one because I heard the sound of Harry scoffing and Tommy looked like he was trying to hold in a laugh. Sebastian cleared his throat and averted his gaze.

"Alright, alright." Sebastian said, clearly wanting to end this conversation. "Leave her alone, Charlotte doesn't need you bugging her."

Freya rolled her eyes playfully, "if only you'd take your own advice." She said and turned to Tommy. "Molly texted me saying she'd be here in twenty. She can't stay long because she broke her curfew the other night and you know what her Dads like."

Tommy nodded and ran a hand through his hair almost nervously. "Cool." He said and I had to try  and hide an amused smile as he tried to act unphased and casual, but I could see the nervous look in his eye.

It wasn't long until Molly arrived and Tommy abandoned us to go and sit with her by the fire. I thought it was sweet, but Harry and Sebastian seemed to find it amusing. I guess they'd never seen Tommy like a girl like he liked Molly.

"How about some drinks?" Harry suggested, coming up behind me and placing two hands on my shoulders so we were now both facing Sebastian and Freya.

Freya and Sebastian nodded without hesitation, but I couldn't. I couldn't drink anything right now. I never should be allowed to drink achohol ever again.

"Charl?" Harry asked me, squeezing my shoulders. "What do you want to drink?"

I shook my head and pulled myself away from his grip. "No, I shouldn't. I'm good."

I looked up to see Freya's chocolate eyes look at me with concern before turning to Sebastian. I noticed something different about him right now. He had a look of stoic resignation, but I wasn't prepared to let it phase me.

"If you drink sensibly, you'll be fine." Sebastian told me, raising his eyebrows at me almost warningly.

"She doesn't need to drink sensibly, we brought her here to have fun." Harry dismissed. "She's fine, she's got us looking after her." Harry was talking to them like I wasn't here.

"Doesn't mean she shouldn't be careful." Sebastian warned him, "Same goes for you."

"For once let your hair down." Harry  rolled his eyes.

I heard a voices from behind me start say and I saw Joe and Taylor approaching us with some drinks.
I looked at them in surprise.

"I didn't know you guys were coming?" I questioned, surprised.

Taylor shrugged. "Neither did we, but Harry and Tommy approached us at school the other day. They invited us."

I looked at Harry and Tommy with a small smile, I couldn't believe they'd invited my friends. That was so nice of them.

"I'm glad you're here," I said, giving them a small smile.

I was glad to see my friends because it had been a while, but my social battery was running on empty.