He said to her, "You need to always remind yourself and keep in mind your own status. Don't get any ideas. To me, crushing you is even easier than crushing an egg."

Xu WanZhi shuddered and kept her mouth tightly shut.

Chapter 104 - Feeling Unjust ("Is it that Mu's that you don't like or is it me?") (2)

Before either one of the two of them had responded, Mu XiYuan looked up and toasted Xu WanZhi with his wine glass. "Congratulations, Miss Xu. You have been scheming every day and going above and beyond. Your dream to marry into a prestigious family has finally come true."

Xu WanZhi gave him a look.

She knew that Mu XiYuan was just goading her. He wanted her to turn it down. She had set him quite a few times and, naturally, Mu XiYuan hated her. As much as he didn't get along with Mu ZhenYu, he still didn't want her to become his sister-in-law.

That had, however, offered her a way out. She was already leaning toward turning it down. She only worried about stepping on Mu ZhenYu's toes and she'd have to pay the price if he was upset. Now that Mu XiYuan had brought this up, she would be able to use that as an excuse to go down that path.

She wiped her mouth with a napkin, also picked up a win glass, and toasted Mu XiYuan. "XiYuan, you are exaggerating. Truth is, I feel that I am still young and I'm not sure that I am ready to take on the responsibilities of being a wife and having my own family. Besides, ZhenYu and I have a good relationship. Whether we get married or not, it's just a matter of a piece of paper. It doesn't make a lot of difference to us. As for marrying into a prestigious family... The Mu's are strong and had further reached a new height by grandma and grandpa's generation. There is no doubt that it is a prestigious family. That being said, us the Xu's are well aware of where we stand. We should push this marriage on the back burner for now."

Having said that, Xu WanZhi could strongly feel that the atmosphere over the dinner table had dropped.

Let it be Mu XueLin or Mu ZhenYu, they both now have a long face on them.

Seeing that, the Old Madam quickly stood up to ease the situation. "If you ask me, WanZhi, you are overthinking this. Money is just materialistic goods. One isn't born with it nor can one take it away with them. Just because the Mu's are wealthier doesn't mean that those from the Mu's are more superior. If you feel that the Mu's background is too much pressure for you, you can have a prenuptial agreement with ZhenYu. Of course, if you marry into the Mu's, then ZhenYu's money will be yours. The prenuptial agreement is just for your peacefulness of mind that's all."

Feeling the pressure from all directions, Xu WanZhi felt that she was cornered. She looked over to Mu ZhenYu for help.

Mu ZhenYu continued to look down and refuse to say a word.

Xu WanZhi was displeased. With her cheeks bulged up, she nudged him on his hand. "Well, what do you say?"

Mu ZhenYu finally put down his chopsticks, gave Xu WanZhi a look, looked up, and said to everybody sitting around the table. "I quite like the idea of getting married. I'll talk to WanWan after we get back. I will let Grandma and Aunty take care of the date and the other details. We can have Tiana for design the wedding gown. I'll wake WanWan to try it on when the time comes."

Xu WanZhi's mouth dropped open when she heard what he had said.

Whatever happened to the ruthless and unruly villain in the original novel?

Nevertheless, the Old Madam, Mu Ling, and the two fathers all looked very happy. They clapped and they toasted each other. All of them have a happy look on them. Xu WanZhi and Mu XiYuan, for the first time ever, both looked defeated.