004 , hot older brothers

Start from the beginning

"Would you like some lip gloss to finish the look?" Asteria quipped as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Shut up," Elena scowled before placing a soft smile on her face and knocking on the door.

Asteria watched as shock flickered across Elena's face when the door opened. Elena hesitantly walked in and called out, "Stefan? Stefan? Are you home?"

"Don't you know it's rude to walk into a house uninvited, Lena," Asteria mused as she watched Elena walk further into the house, ignoring what Asteria said. Instantly, her eyes latch onto the crow that flew into the house as a smile tugs on her lips. She watched as Elena whirled around in surprise, only to see someone standing behind her.

"I- I'm sorry for barging in. The door was..." Elena glanced over and was surprised to see Asteria inside the house with the door closed. "...open."

Damon only smirked at her reply. "You must be Elena," he nodded before glancing over at the blonde-haired girl at the door. "And you must be her sister, Asteria."

Asteria only replied with a small nod, which caused Damon to look back at Elena as he introduced himself. "I'm Damon, Stefan's oldest brother and he is Gabriel, Stefan's other older brother," Damon finished while pointing to the guy leaning against the archway.

"A pleasure," Gabriel smirked, watching Elena with cold green eyes, causing a shiver of fear to rush down her spine. He looked at her for a second longer before walking over to Asteria.

Asteria grinned as he approached. "I'm Asteria," Asteria introduced with an innocent smile on her face, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine, Asteria," Gabriel purred out, a dark smirk on his face as he eyed the blonde in front of him, ignoring the wretched doppelgänger and his brother for a moment. "Like my brother said, I'm Gabriel. Gabriel Salvatore. Older brother to Stefan."

Asteria chuckled softly, "I remember him mentioning he had siblings, but he made it seem like you guys didn't get along." She watched as his green eyes – a shade so different from anything she'd ever seen, almost as if they were actual emeralds, like how her eyes looked in the past – darkened.

"We don't," Gabriel stated firmly, without an ounce of hesitation.

She could almost feel the hatred flowing off his body. "It's probably really personal but I can't help but wonder why. After all, he did make it seem like the problem came from your end," Asteria mused. Glancing up at Gabriel, she had to control the urge to giggle. If she were any other person, she would've crumbled onto the ground and cried in fear from the look in his eyes.

Leaning forward to the point where their noses almost touched, Gabriel whispered, "Trust me, Maude," relishing in the look of surprise when he said that name, "If I were the problem, he wouldn't-" Instantly, he took a step back as a smirk appeared on his face again. "Welcome home, Stefan."

Asteria blinked in surprise. She didn't even notice Stefan arriving. That was a first and it was unsettling. A scowl formed on her face as she looked at Gabriel. He distracted her with the use of her first name.

"Elena, Asteria, I didn't know you guys were coming over," Stefan gritted out, throwing daggers at his brothers with his eyes.

Glancing over at Elena who looked unsettled and then at Stefan who was practically ignoring both girls to glare at his brothers, Asteria replied, "Apologies Stefan, Lena over here really wanted to talk to you about something."

Shooting a quick glare at Asteria, she laughed awkwardly, "I know, I should've called. I just-"

"Oh don't be silly," Damon cut in with an amused smirk, "You're welcome anytime. Both you and your sister. Aren't they, Stefan?"