24. All Yours

Song: Heart by Heart by Demi Lovato
When you're one with the one you were meant to find
Everything falls in place, all the stars align
When you're touched by the cloud that has touched your soul
Don't let go
Someone comes into your life
It's like they've been in your life forever
No there's no one else's eyes
That could see into me
No one else's arms can lift
Lift me up so high
Your love lifts me out of time
And you know my heart by heart

"Come in, my dear girl." Noah beckoned, he already gave her a knowing smile even before she spoke.

Glacia was well aware that she looked and felt both like a mess. Even if she had showered, her cheeks were a bright red, evidence that all that was on her mind was the kiss she had shared. Her hair was knotted in her ponytail, her hands quivering slightly as she kept pressing the fingernails into her palms to try and compose herself.

She took a seat opposite from Noah. Noah grinned as though he knew that someone had taken that same seat. He drank his beer in a large gulp. "I would ask you if you're alright, but no. You don't look fine at all. Was it the battle?"

Glacia shook her head. "The battle was terrible, but I am slowly adapting to this dangerous environment." She bit her lip at the thought of the Energiser, and how Asher had told her that he had a plan. She wished she had known what it was. She wished she was there to share that burden...

"You're shaking. I'll get you a blanket."

"No. It doesn't help the ice. It's my damn virtus acting up again, and only Asher can heal that for me."

Noah was staring at her curiously. "The way you say his name. You've come to me to speak about him, am I right?"

Glacia was reminded of her anger. "Why had you tricked me into thinking he was Luke?"

"So you know."

"Of course I knew. You could blindfold me and drug me, but I'd always still know it was Asher in front of me. He connects with me in a way that I can't explain. It's like he's the puzzle piece I never knew I needed." She tensed at this, not meaning to have those words gushed out of her. But it had poured out of her like a river, relaxing the muscles. It felt good to say it.

Noah sat closer, as if he was watching a very entertaining show. "How did you know it was him? Was it only when I had taken the spell off you?"

Glacia thought back to the time. How her mind had told her it was Luke but her heart had screamed Asher's name.

"I knew it was Asher. It took me a while, but after I took notice of some telltale signs, my sight was clear again. The drink wore off and I only saw Asher in front of me, even before you stopped your stupid spell."

Noah raised an eyebrow. "When you rested your head on his shoulder, did you know it was Asher then?"

Glacia should have suspected something when Noah seemed to know more about her encounter with Asher than he should know. However, she was caught up with the words that it had slipped past her attention.

"No. At that point in time, I thought it was Luke. It was something I'd do to him as a friend. I could read Luke like a book when I was young. I would kiss him on the cheek, hug him, rest my head on his shoulder, joke about the past, but that was purely platonic. Luke is like a brother to me."

"That's not what Asher thinks. He gets hurt when he sees you with Luke."

Glacia widened her eyes. "If you asked anyone else, they would be able to tell that I don't look at Luke the way I look at Asher. I think of them both very differently."

A smile tugged at the corner of Noah's lips. "I do know. But amuse me, and tell me what is it you think of Asher?"

Glacia took a deep breath. She pulled out the key and twisted it, unlocking her heart. It was a lock that freed shackles she didn't know she was wearing.