Chapter: 14 "Fourth of July."

"I'm not joking if their dad was like a bit more attractive I'd shoot my shot." I say taking the unfinished Iced Tea from the counter that I left it on.

"I mean she is hot so its alright." Jeremiah said backing me up. See this is why I love him so much.

Victoria walked into the kitchen followed by Mr. Conklin making me and Jere shut our mouth so that they wouldn't hear us.

Laurel, Susannah and my mom were in the kitchen while, we the kids were in the living room gathered on the couch.

"Steven could you go and grab your dads bags please and put them upstairs." Laurel said popping her head into the living room.

"Yeah sure I just need your keys to pop the trunk." Steven said getting up from his seat in the living room.

"Actually Vick and I decided to stay in town this weekend." John said looking at Laurel. "I figured you guys had a packed house."

Belly who was now also in the kitchen with Steven and the parents nodded. "Yeah that sound fun." Belly said making me snort from the living room but it wasn't that loud to be able to hear to the kitchen. Steven nodded his head in agreement with his sister.

I zoomed out after that not being able to listen to them talking anymore but something that Vick said made me perk my head up. She mentioned pomegranate margaritas which was music to my ears.

The door bell rang making me and Conrad run to open the door. It kind of turned into a race between us and I won obviously definitely not because I stepped on his foot.

I opened the front door with a grin on my face not expecting the person who I saw. It was Aaron or should I say my dad. I stood frozen in the doorway while Conrad came up behind me.

His eyes widened with the person next to him in sight. He didn't know that he cheated on my mother but he knew that my fathers presence upset me.

"Uh hey Mr.Miller" Conrad said embracing him in a hug while I still stood in my place.

"Hey Nina." Aaron said while he tried to hug me and he succeeded. I did not hug him back I just stood there and when he was done with hugging me I straight up went into my room upstairs not wanting to deal with him.

I felt a knock on my door while I sat up from my bed and yelled for them to come in. It was Connie. "Hey" I said while I moved to one side of the bed patting the side beside me for him to sit.

He sat down next to me while his arm went around my waist and I leaned my head on his shoulder for comfort. "Is something up with you and your dad." He said playing with the ends of my hair.

I chuckled at his comment while I answered him. "Yea what does it look like." I say looking at the view from my bedroom. "It's not like he cheated on Anastasia anything." I say making him pull away and look at me.

"Wait are you for real." He said making me shake my head as an answer. "Well he is a bitch." Conrad said making me chuckle.

I wanted to change the subject so I did. "We should go outside to the pool and swim for a bit." I say hopping off mg bed and opening my closet to find a swim suit.

"Sure." Con said giving me a quick peck on the lips before leaving my room to get changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided on wearing a dark red bathing suit. It's the Fourth of July I have the permission to wear red as much as I want.

Conrad was already in the pool when I came back making me walk into it too. Jere was already talking to Vick which made me want to beat his ass up, I had her first.