Chapter 48 - The Recollection

Start from the beginning

"Yea..." (Y/N) whispered, keeping her eyes on the one person she missed so much. "Her name's Blythe."

"After your friend." Reuban hummed. "It's beautiful."

     The mother slowly nodded. Naming her daughter after her late best friend was hard but it was a way for her to honor someone who she felt so close with despite the time they knew each other. She and Blythe had the type of friendship that felt like they knew each other their whole lives, having instantly connected once they started talking to each other. They may not have known each other for a long time, but her death really hit (Y/N). It took her some time to get used to Blythe not being there after she had returned back to her home. 

     Half expecting the redhead to be at (Y/N)'s door every morning like always...

     Once Axel and her daughter reached his truck, he lifted the girl up into her carseat and buckled her in while pretending he was a dinosaur trying to eat her which was making the girl laugh hysterically.

      The present (Y/N) laughed softly at the sight. She was grateful to have someone like Axel in her daughter's life. He may as well be her second dad by how involved he is.

"She resembles you a lot. Even the eyes." Reuban observed.

     (Y/N) looked into her daughter's eyes as well. The same shade as hers down to the yellow. Those eyes concerned her.

     She didn't want her daughter growing up facing the same treatment as her. It's bad enough that everyone will know who her mother is but to have the same physical trait that came with (Y/N)'s demon abilities was even worse. She'll be rejected by other kids, kicked away by other teenagers, shunned by adults. So many possibilities (Y/N) could think of that she prayed wouldn't be true. But considering how her own kind can turn against her so easily, even after being proven that she was in fact human, it kept her up at night. No longer getting sleepless nights about her future in this society, but her daughter's.

"I doubt she has the ability." Reuban spoke as he watched the scene change around them. "It was passed down to you through possession, not your daughter."

"But what if she does?" (Y/N) muttered. "She hasn't done anything yet but what if she traps a kid's mind by accident? All the other kids will be scared of her..."

"Then it's your job to teach her how to use them. The earlier the better."

    Soon the scene changed to what looked like a park. Tall lights that curved over the lot shined down imitating a sunny day while many kids around played on the playground with each other.

     (Y/N) looked around to spot her child and found her with her cousin Tyr in a sandbox together playing with large toy trucks. Other kids their age would try to join them but their worried parents would quickly scoop them away, recognizing whose child the girl was.

     She sighed at the sight. Even though she did her best to keep Lil B away from all the reporters and media, they would always find a way to sneak in and get shots. She couldn't keep her daughter's identity safe.

     Looking around the park, she also spotted her and Jules sitting on a bench nearby watching the two kids and discussing their work. Her past self was obviously nervous being out in public with her child but Jules was there to keep her calm and reassured, knowing he wouldn't let anything happen to either of his girls.

     Nora was at the park as well but took a step away to the car as she was on the phone with her husband. The expression on her face clearly showed how displeased and angered she was at whatever the conversation happened to be. Reuban was looking at Nora, noticing her similarities to (Y/N) and the boy who played with his cousin. "Is she your family too?"