31 ~ Please

Depuis le début

"Agh, Hey!" He yelled as he leaned away from the bird, "Stop! Get away from me!"

The cardinal kept trying to be affectionate to the boy.

"He's just being friendly!" The human insisted with a chuckle.

"Well, I don't care! These things are made from wild magic. It's dangerous."

"And does he seem dangerous to you?" The human questioned.

Pip hopped off her shoulder as well, running next to the bird.

"Pip! Get away from that thing!" The Golden Guard warned, grabbing the fox and pulling him away from the other palisman.

"Isn't he a palisman, too?"

"Yes, but he's an exception. He's not dangerous, unlike this.. beast!"

The cardinal chirped at him.

Low rumbling alerted everyone. Kikimora and her dragon were ready to take off.

The human and the Golden Guard tied masks onto themselves as to not be affected by the mist.

"Once they're surrounded by the smoke, we'll need to stay close to see where they land." The human instructed the boy.

The Golden Guard nodded and readied himself for the plan.

The girl went silent.

The human hesitantly handed the Golden Guard his staff back.

"Are you.. sure?" He asked, hesitating to take it.

"Just take it!" The human pushed the staff into his hands and activated the mist.

The Golden Guard swiftly sat on his staff as the human picked up the Silver Scout. Pip jumped onto the human's shoulder and rode alongside the cardinal.

Kikimora's dragon flew through the midnight sky, flapping its wings.

The human and the Golden Guard followed behind. The human's purple cloak billowed in the wind.

The dragon began to slow down, feeling sleepier and sleepier with every flap of its wings.

"I think it's working." The Golden Guard said as the human casted a light spell.

The dragon followed the light spell deliriously. Following into a clearing where the flying pair landed.

The dragon crash landed into the dirt, dropping the nest of palismen and throwing Kikimora to the ground as she fought to stay awake.

"The palismen!" The human exclaimed as she put the Silver Scout down and ran over to the hut. "Hello babies!" She greeted, opening the hut
while The Golden Guard bent down to check on his partner.

The cardinal flew inside the hut and Pip hopped off the human's shoulder.

"Aw, you guys look so cold and scared. Here," She took her purple cloak off and wrapped it around the palismen. "Make sure you share. Now stay in here. Okay? We'll get you home safe,"

Hunter couldn't let that happen. How much would be at risk if he did? If he just let the human get away with the palismen, how would Belos react? By petrifying (Y/n). That's for sure.

He aimed his staff at the human and frowned.

"Heheh, right. I didn't think this through. Again." She sighed, standing up to face him. "So you're really  gonna do this? You're just gonna hand all these innocent little guys over to Belos? I know what he does with them."

The Golden Guard tried his best to keep a stern face and not break.

"I thought you might've been a good guy. But I guess that was just wishful thinking. You're not my friend. You're just.. The Golden Guard." The human sighed.

The boy pressed his lips to a line, failing to stay firm and not give in.

"My name is Hunter." He said quietly, taking down his mask and aiming his staff away from her.

The human gasped as Pip squeaked from behind her.

Suddenly, Hunter was struck by a bolt of pink magic.
"I don't know who's there, but I know I've got you!" Kikimora exclaimed, shooting magic from her finger, drowsily and aimlessly.

Pulling his mask back up, Hunter rushed to Kikimora, allowing himself to show her just how angry she made him.

He dodged every shot she took at him, teleporting away from each attack.

He teleported behind her and swung, venting out all of his frustration with her in one swing.

Kikimora's tiny body went flying as she finally passed out and succumbed to sleep on the dirt ground.

Luz took that as her time to escape, hopping onto Kikimora's dragon to fly away with the palismen.

"Wait!" Hunter called out, "Please, don't take Pip. He means a lot to (Y/n). She's a good owner, I swear."

The human looked at the fox who sat in her lap. The fox nodded, conveying that (Y/n) was indeed a good owner.

"Please." Hunter begged. "You can leave with the palismen. Just.. don't take Pip."

"You're.. willing to give up your mission for him?" The human asked, stunned.

Hunter looked away and nodded, "If he means a lot to (Y/n), he means a lot to me."

His words only brought a sly grin onto her face. "You like her." She said, allowing Pip to hop off the dragon.

Pip ran up to Hunter, rubbing up against his leg as the pair watched the human fly away with the palismen.

Maybe he is a good guy. The human thought to herself.

Hunter walked back over to his sleeping partner and kneeled by her side with Pip.

"How are we gonna get out of this one, (Y/n)?"