Chapter Nine

*The next day*

"Shit. Is El okay? Where is she?" Y/n asked Mike worriedly.
There has been an altercation between El and Angela, her bully, last night.
"She's ok. She didn't get hurt but the cops just took her." Mike said.
"Holy shit-"
"Y/n, no swearing please!" Mrs. Wheeler said as she walked past Nancy's room.
"Sorry!"
"What about Angela? She's really pressing charges?! Do you need me to go back? I can go back, it's fine I didn't really unpack so I can  go-" Y/n rambled.
"No. No it's fine. We'll be fine. Promise." Mike said cutting her off.
"Just try not to get into any trouble."
"I won't." Y/n said.
"Ok. Bye, Y/n."
"Bye, Mike."

After they hung up, Y/n thought to herself,
What the fuck? Did El really break Angela's nose with a roller skate? Actually, that's funny as fuck.

"Hey Y/n, I have to go to work."
"Yeah sure that's fine." Y/n replied to Nancy a bit annoyed.
"You sure you'll be fine?"
"Yeah. I can go see Max, Dustin, and Lucas. It's fine." Y/n replied smiling.
"Ok. Sorry about that though. They said something huge happened last night and that it's urgent that I come." Nancy said about to leave.
"Do you need a ride? I can take you before I go." Nancy asked Y/n.
"No it's fine. I can ask Steve if he can. Thanks though." Y/n said.
"Ok. I'll see you later! Bye!" Nancy said walking to her car.
"Bye."

"Mmmphh"
What the fuck is that? Y/n thought.
"Mmmph!!"
It was coming from her luggage.
"Mphmmphm!!"
She opened her luggage and realized that it was her TRC-214.
"Code red! I repeat, code red! Y/n! Are you there? Please tell me you're there! Code red!" Dustin said over and over again.
"I-I'm here, Dustin! What's going on?" Y/n said worriedly.
"Shit. Y/n I thought you were dead."
"What? Why?"
"Nancy told us about last night and she never told us if you were okay."

"Oh wow. Ok. But what's with the code red?"
"Something happened last night with Eddie and we need to find out where he is because the police are looking for him a-and-"
"Wait Eddie? Like Hellfire? Your club?"
"Yeah."
"Damn. Ok, do you have a lead?"
"No we don't know where he is."
"Ok. Where are you guys?"
"With Steve and Robin. At their job. I'll tell Steve to pick you up."
"Ok. Thanks."

*In Steve's Car*

"And Max saw them go in together?" Y/n asked Steve.
"Yeah then she said she heard screaming. Then, Eddie ran off."
"But I've met Eddie. He wouldn't do that. So who was this girl that Max said he was with?"
"This girl from his school. Her name's Chrissy. She's a cheerleader."
Y/n's stomach dropped when she heard the last sentence.
A cheerleader?

"You ok? You look kind of pale." Steve asked Y/n.
"Yeah. Of course. I'm just kind of shaken by this. Do you know if it was her? Like for sure know it was her?"
"Max said she... she saw the body."
"Fuck."
"Yeah. Fuck."

*At Steve and Robin's job*

"Y/n!" Dustin and Max both said as they went to hug Y/n.
"Hey guys."
As they pull apart, Y/n asks, "You okay, Max? Steve told me about... you know."
"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine just kind of numb, I guess." She replies.

"Anyway, Steve give us a ride we think we got a lead to find Eddie." Dustin said.
"Where to?" Steve asked.
"Reefer Rick's."
"Thought he was in jail?"
"He is. But he's also Eddie's supplier."
"Supplier? As in...?"
"Yeah, drugs."
"Oh."

*At Reefer Rick's House*

"Reefer Rick?"
"Don't just scream his name, Dustin." Steve scolded.
"REEFER RICK!" Dustin yelled louder.

"Guys? There's a big shed thing by the lake."  Y/n said.
"Let's go in."

*Inside*

"Eddie? You in here? It's Dustin." Dustin said.
"Eddie?" Y/n said.
As everyone was looking around, Y/n saw the tarp in the middle of the room moving.
Why does it look like the tarp is breathing?
Y/n used her powers to get the tarp off.

"Shit!" Eddie said as he got up and went towards Steve with a pocket knife.
He pinned him against the wall with the knife at Steve's neck.

"Eddie. It's Dustin. We're not here to hurt you. Let him go."
Eddie just looked around at everyone.
"Eddie it's okay. Let Steve go. He won't hurt you." Y/n said calmly.
Eddie kind of tensed up, gripping the knife harder and closer to Steve's neck, as we stepped a bit closer to him.

"Eddie! He won't hurt you. We won't hurt you. I swear on my mother!" Dustin yelled.
"Yeah, on Dustin's mom." Steve said.
Finally, Eddie let him go.

"Shit, Eddie." Y/n said with a sigh of relief.
"Y/n, hey." Eddie said.
"Hey." She replied as they hugged each other.

After, Eddie explained everything about what happened to Chrissy.

"Chrissy, she... was she wearing a green, white and yellow uniform?" Y/n asked.
"Yeah."
"She has red-ish hair?"
"Yeah, why?" Max asked.
"Okay I'm going to tell you guys some crazy shit and I swear you guys better not freak out." Y/n said sitting down on a nearby chair.

"Last night, I saw what happened to Chrissy. I thought it was a bad dream so I didn't tell Nancy. I didn't want her to think I was crazy or some shit so I left it alone. But then Steve told me about what Max saw and I knew that it wasn't a nightmare, it was... real. Around what time did it happen?" Y/n asked Eddie.
"I don't know... maybe 10? 11 pm?"
"That's when I saw it happening. I blacked out at that time, I had a massive migraine." Y/n said.
"Holy shit." Dustin repeated over and over again.
"What?"
"Eddie, you said it was like if Chrissy was under some sort of spell, right?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Eddie! A curse!"
"Vecna's curse." Eddie said with his eyes wide open.
"Vecna?" Robin said.
"An undead creature of great power. A spell caster. A dark wizard." Dustin explained.
"D&D. A powerful character in D&D." Eddie elaborated more.
"I mean, if the demogorgons are real I wouldn't be surprised if Vecna would be too." Y/n said.
"Why are you having these visions or headaches but not El? You have similar abilities, right? You both come from that lab." Robin asked.
"I don't know. I just feel like I'm somehow connected to the Upside Down. Like if I've been there. And I'm not sure why, but when Will went missing, the moment he went missing and when Barb passed, I didn't get a headache for Will but I did for Barb. I also heard this clock. It was weird.
And I heard it again last night."