Chapter Five

***
*Back at Mike's House*

"You know her?" Mike asked Y/n.
No answer. Y/n was confused.
Did Henry help 011 escape?
Why didn't she escape with Y/n when Henry let Y/n escape?
"Y/n... how do you know her?" Mike asked.
She didn't answer.
Instead, she got up from her seat and walked towards Eleven then sat next to her on the sofa.
"Did he help you escape?" Y/n, teary-eyed, asked Eleven.
Eleven was confused.
"Who... are you?" Eleven asked slowly.
Y/n was confused.
She doesn't remember me?
Y/n thought to herself.
"Boys... can you leave please...?"Y/n said still so confused.
"What? Why?" Lucas asked.
"Lucas, let's just go. Come on." Mike said.
As the boys left the basement, Y/n stood up to lock the door.
"Eleven. You don't remember me?"
She shakes her head.
"Look..."
Y/n shows Eleven her left wrist.
"012"
"Eleven... how did you escape?"
"I ran."
"Alone?"
"Yes."
"Where's... He- Peter?"
"Papa said he left. Long time ago."
"Are they trying to find you? Did they follow you?"
Eleven nods.
"Shit." Y/n whispers to herself.
"You don't remember me?"
"No." Eleven responds.
"Papa said you were never born." She says.

The boys come back in.
"Y/n. We need to talk." Mike says.
"Fine." She says.
"But I have to warn you. I don't think you guys will believe any of this." She says as a follow up.

"Before we start this conversation, let me give her clothes. I'm sure she's freezing." Mike says.

As Mike gives Eleven dry clothes, Lucas, Dustin, and you all sit down.
"Ok, speak." Mike says, when he comes back.

"So, Eleven and I both were from this... place. The people in this place called it a home, but it was prison. It's a lab." She started.
"Wait, so you guys are... lab experiments?" Lucas said.
"Dude!" Dustin says as he elbows Lucas.

"Yes, basically. And thank you for that, Dustin. Anyway, when I was eight, I escaped this lab. I didn't know what it was, but now that I think about it, yes, we were lab experiments."
"How did you escape?"

"There was this boy. In the lab, he was a supervisor or a guard. To me, he was a friend... a very close friend. He and I would have these secret training sessions. Just me and him. I told him that I felt that he was a true brother to me, but he told me not to call him that. That we are friends. Not siblings. He wasn't that much older than me. I mean, he was about 15 so-" "Y/n, you're getting side tracked." Mike interrupted.

"Right, sorry. Anyway, he helped me escape. He gave me a key card to the exit and told me to run away. I wanted him to go with me, but he said he had "unfinished business" to fulfill. Whatever that meant. Then, we came up with a plan and I ran away. Eleven was one of the "lab rats" in the lab. That's why I also had a shaved head when I first met you guys." Y/n explained.

Eleven came back from changing.

"Wait. If you two escaped, wouldn't the scientists want you back?" Mike asked.
"When I escaped, I did something to make sure they never came for me. They think I never existed." Y/n said.
"How is that possible? Wouldn't they have a file on you?" Lucas asked.
"Umm..." Y/n hesitated telling them what she did.
"What about her? Wouldn't they want her back?" Dustin asked, motioning to her.
"You won't believe it if I told you." Y/n said.
"We'll try."

"Okay, then. They experimented on us because... we're different than you."
"Different?"
"We have something you don't. Something that you can only imagine. This might sound crazy... but we have... powers." Y/n said with a slight sigh of relief.
"What? You're crazy!" Lucas said not believing anything.
"Watch." Y/n said getting a pillow from the couch.

She started making the pillow levitate.
"What... the... fuck?!" Mike said.
"Wait so you guys have super powers?" Dustin said.
"Yeah..?"
"Can she do that too?" Lucas asked pointing to Eleven.
"She can but I don't think she'll want to." Y/n responded.
"Wait what else can you do?"
"Control minds."
"Holy shit. So you're like Professor X?" Dustin said freaking out.
"Yeah sure."
"What else?" Mike asked.
"I hope that's it."

"What's with your nose?" Lucas said pointing to the blood coming out.
"Whenever we use our powers, our energy weakens. We use our powers, we bleed." Y/n explained, as she wiped her blood off with a tissue.
"So like Gotham Girl?" Dustin replied.
"Dustin, please stop comparing us to comic book characters." Y/n pleaded.
"Sorry, sorry."

"Wait so you made the scientists believe you don't exist by controlling their minds... then what did she do?" Mike asked.
"They're after her and they won't stop until they get her back into that hell hole. They'll kill us if that's what it comes to. They'll show no mercy. Even if we are just kids." Y/n said.

"We must protect her. No one deserves to go back there."