act i - ch5: the truth underneath a lie

(quick doodle of our mc han choyoung and the aged up og!villain kazaru evedane. not canon)

HI SORRY I KNOW IT'S A WHOLE MONTH PLSPSHDHSJDHD-

The reason is simple!

,,,W,,Writers block bleghhh-

Oh and commissions!! For those who definitely doesn't know bc I don't flaunt it here, for reasons, I have an instagram of the same username blah blah blah and I opened commissions for the first time and making money, and more drawing than writing in general.

And unfort I'm starting school again, so I kinda wasted my free time,,, but tbh I was pretty burnt out the entire June so,,, sadge.

That, and I struggled to write this chapter out. UNTIL NOW

YES I SPEEDRAN 2K WORDS TODAY (when i publish this chapter) BC MOTIVATION CAME TO ME AND I HAD TO WRITE BEFORE IT DIES

Again, no official update schedule at all, don't expect consistency, etc etc. Sorry for the long wait guys 🥺

This chapter isn't that long either bc it's mostly,,, idk informative-ish? You'll see xD

Happy reading everyone!!! :D

•••

Choyoung squirmed nervously underneath the doctor's scrutinizing gaze, and no matter how much she was trying to seem friendly, she couldn't lift the serious contemplation on her features. It had been a good twenty minutes since he allowed the pretty (really pretty-) woman and the butler inside and after a quick explanation of what Denise, her name, was going to do—well, of course he didn't say anything because he wasn't able to, but also because he was as still as a statue. He half-wondered if he should do something but  quickly stiffened up when the doctor drew closer to his personal space to hover a weirdly glowing hand over his head.

Denise cocked her head, moving her eyes off of him to write something on her clipboard and walked around to jot it down. Choyoung breathed a sigh of relief, deciding to discard proper manners to hug a pillow to his chest and half-bury his face in the soft fabric. The only reason he managed to survive breathing in front of the new person in the room was because of the grounding presence of Eugene behind him by the couch.

"Your Highness?" speaking of the devil, Eugene leaned forward slightly to glance down at him, arching an eyebrow in what was probably worry in his blood-hued gaze. Choyoung tried for a reassuring smile that didn't feel right, strained most likely, and shook his head in a silent response that he was fine. A little. But not close to fainting, at least. Which was already better than he hoped.

"Alright!"

Choyoung flinched back to attention at the sound of fingers snapping, the sound resonating in the air, lips thinned and eyes wide as saucers when Denise turned to them with a hand moved to her hip. "So, good news—although His Highness has lost his memories, there are no other signs of possible brain damage, as well as his vocal cords." She flickered her sharp eyes at him, something knowing in her gaze that had the boy freezing. There's no way she knew- "But I'm guessing because of his sudden amnesia, he's afraid of everyone and everything. He's selectively mute."

Choyoung didn't have to look to know Eugene was staring at him, not when he was busy keeping his breathing calm (instead of a full-blown panic attack because fuck, they knew he wasn't actually mute but was choosing not to talk-). "...So he truly doesn't remember anything?"