Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Storybrooke, Maine

Present

"Good morning, My Dear Swan. I hope you slept well." Regina said, as Emma descended the stairs, joining her in the kitchen.

"Like the dead!" Emma laughed, taking a seat across the table from the Queen.

"We made the front page!" Regina laughed, handing Emma the copy of the Storybrooke Daily Mirror, showing a picture of both the Dark One and the Evil Queen. The headline read "The Dark One and The Evil Queen Kidnap School Teacher, Threaten to Terrorize Town."

"News really does travel fast." Emma laughed, tossing the newspaper aside. "So, Your Majesty, what shall we do today? Oh! Can we kill someone?" Emma asked, her eyes wide with excitement.

"Not today, My Dear Swan. Before we kill anyone, I think our new pet might be lonely down in the dungeon all alone. Perhaps we should procure her a companion. But who should it be?" Regina asked, sarcastically.

"I think I have a pretty good idea!" Emma smirked, raising her hand, Regina stopping her before she could "poof" herself away.

"Wait. Eat first. You have to keep up your strength." Regina said. As she waved her hand, a large spread of breakfast food appeared on the table.

"You're always looking out for my well being." Emma smiled, as she picked up a piece of bacon.

After their breakfast feast was long gone, Emma stood up, making her way over to Regina, extending a hand to escort the Queen into the other room.

"What do you say, Your Majesty? Is it time to add to our collection?" Emma asked, walking with Regina towards the door to the basement.

"Yes, I think the time is right!" Regina answered, as they waved their hands over the lock, the door swinging open on its own.

"I'll go this time. I'll meet you downstairs." Emma said, releasing Regina's arm.

"Do be quick. You know I hate waiting." Regina smiled, making her way downstairs as Emma disappeared in a cloud of black smoke.

Charming and Henry sat at the kitchen counter in Snow's loft, eating stale cereal with questionable milk. Neither one had slept much, worrying about the three missing women. Half the town was working hard figuring out a way to stop Emma and Regina from wreaking havoc. While not causing them harm, and saving Snow's life. So far, no course of action had been discovered that didn't result in at least one of the women losing their lives. The hair on the back of their necks stood up suddenly, seconds before a cloud of black smoke appeared in the middle of the room.

"Mom?" Henry asked, as he turned around to find his mother standing behind him.

"Dad! I need your help! It's urgent!" Emma said, sounding like herself again, not the harsh deep tone of the Dark One.

"Emma? What is it?" Charming asked, sliding off the stool.

"It's Regina. I think she's going to kill Mom. I need you to come with me right now. We need to stop her!" Emma pleaded.

"Of course!" Charming said, moving closer to Emma.

"What should I do?" Henry asked, scared.

"Stay here. It's not safe for you. We'll come back when we can." Emma said, taking Charming's arm, waving her other hand, summoning the black cloud. When the smoke cleared, Emma and Charming were gone, leaving Henry alone in the loft.