"Me?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course, we want you to be involved as much as possible." Dad explains.

"We've been keeping it all gender neutral since we don't know yet if we'll get a boy or girl." Papa explains.

"So I get to pick out some cute baby clothes!" I was excited.

"Yeah, and toys." Dad says.

"Okay, okay, wait," I say excitedly as I pull my phone out, "I want to pick out their first stuffed animal for them." I open up Amazon and start scrolling through the stuffed animal.

I found a really cute stuffed dinosaur that I really loved. "This one." I demand as I hold up the phone, "it's perfect."

"Add a bunch of stuff to the cart and when you're finished send it to us and we'll buy it." Papa says.

"Then later we'll go to the hardware store and buy paint for the nursery." Dad informs.

"Do I get to help choose the color?" I ask.

"Of course." Dad replies.

"Oh my god, I'm so exited." I reply.

I spend the next hour or so picking out cute baby clothes and cute wall decorations. My favorite of all the decorations I found was these star and moon shaped small decorative mirrors. They were both inexpensive and really cute and I thought they would look great in the baby's room.

"Hey, dad?" I look up from my phone.

"Yeah?" He asks, looking up from his.

"We should throw a baby shower." I state.

"A baby shower?" He asks.

"Yeah, to celebrate the new baby, we can just invite Jack and Zack and maybe grandma and grandpa." I explain, "they'll probably give us free baby stuff and we can eat good food and all hang out" I explain.

"You want to invite grandma and grandpa?" He asks.

"Yeah, well, the ones that like me anyway." I reply.

"Hey," dad scolds, "don't think like that."

"They aren't mad at you they're mad at us, them not wanting to be in your life has nothing to do with you and everything to do with us." Papa explains.

"Well we should invite the ones that do want to be in our lives, I haven't seen them since last Christmas."

"We should do the baby shower after the baby is here so everyone can get a chance to meet them." Dad adds on to my idea.

"Even better." I state, "we can make everything baby themed and cute, it'll be fun and cheesy." I explain.

"I love the idea already." Papa informs me.

"I love our family." Dad interlocks his fingers with papas and rests his head on papas shoulder.

They seemed so happy together. Things felt so peaceful. I genuinely hope that this means that we will all be happy together forever.

"I love you." Papa says in a soft tone towards dad.

"I love you too." He replies in the same manor with a smile.

I was happy. I was happy that they were happy.

I hope that whatever issues they may have been having have been resolved. We need to be a family, a functional family, now more than ever.

"Are we going to go pick out paint?" I ask.

Dad sits up, "yeah, are you done picking out baby stuff?" He asks.