𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"No."

Suzanne stepped back from Lloyds blatant disregard. "No?" She questioned, manicured hands bringing the papers closer to her chest. Lloyd was far from an easy boss, he demanded long hours, and had a small team due to his specific skill set. "You heard me right, I said no." He repeated, fingers lacing together, resting on his stomach over his polo, blue icy eyes meeting her defiant green ones. "We have been searching for him for months, there is no lead on him, time is running out Mr. Hansen." Suzanne refused to back down, she was exhausted, mentally and physically.

"You're a fucking sadist." Addison's voice cut through the air, landing in the center of Lloyd's chest like a butcher knife. Her eyes were rimmed red, tears leaking out of the corner of her eyes, dripping onto the oversized sweatshirt she wore, his sweatshirt. Lloyd always thought she looked so pretty when she cried, the way her eyes glassed over, her fists curling while she tried to regulate her breathing. Maybe he was a sadist, what kind of person likes it when his girlfriend cries in front of him? "Maybe." A shrug, a sip of whiskey, and blue eyes landing on hers indifferent as ever. "Not maybe, who the fuck spends years with someone, for a mission?!" Addison was screaming, her face flushed. "Did you even fucking care about me?"

That made Lloyd choke on the whiskey that slipped down his throat, the alcohol lashing at his inner organs, slicing them at the same time his heart split in two. Did he care? Of course he fucking cared, when the agency told him that he had to step away from his girlfriend, he wanted to throw up. Four years down the drain, four years holding the agents heart in his hands, only to crush the muscle in seconds. "No," he winced as his lie left his lips, her eyes dropping to her lap, a humorless laugh leaving her lips. It was the cruelest sound he had ever heard leave the lips he cherished so much. "For the sake of the mission that's so important, I hope you learned something," Addison's voice was deathly calm, pinpricks appearing on Lloyds skin as she rose to her feet, walking towards the front door, "For the sake of my heart, I hope you burn in hell."

A beat of silence, the click of the door. She left. And she wasn't coming back.

"Mr. Hansen?" Suzanne was waving her hand in front of him, his eyes slowly blinking as he returned from that haunted memory that followed him around. "Even if I were to go and ask Suzanne, she'd never agree, I don't know if you remember, but we didn't end of positive terms." Lloyd knew she didn't forget, hell his entire team didn't forget. The day she left was the day he became the cruelest version of himself. He no longer had a desire to keep himself alive, his sunshine was ripped from him, still an agent at the CIA, still actively participating in missions. He was a mercenary at best, a hitman. Now gone rogue from an agency. The agency that ripped his sunshine away was burnt to the ground, and Lloyd didn't think twice as he sent the building to ashes.

"You dated her for four years, you mean to tell me there's not a damn thing you can think of that would make her help us?"

Lloyd's eyes snapped up to his assistant, the target, Sierra Six, used to be a friend of Addison's. She would be beneficial to have on their side. There weren't a lot of things Addison held dear to her, only a few that Lloyd could think of, the sound of rain on the window, the smell of coffee when she first woke up. Suddenly a cruel smile appeared on Lloyd's face as he jolted out of his seat, his ring covered fingers hitting the expensive wood of his desk. "Suzanne, send delta team out to Washington," Lloyd commanded, smirking as she nodded quickly, writing it on the notepad she carried around like a small child, "of course, I'll set them up right away." Suzanne rose to her feet, her heels clicking against the tiled floor of his office.

"Oh and Suzanne," Lloyd stated, stepping around the desk, a leg crossing in front of the other, waiting until she looked over her shoulder, "get the jet ready, we're going to D.C."