[9]

~GALAXY P.O.V

The next day, we stood in front of the portal to head back to Equestria. I held Flash's hand as Applejack smiled sadly at us. "Sure wish you both could stay longer," Applejack told us.

Twilight smiled at her. "Me too. But I have responsibilities in Equestria that I have to get back to," Twilight said as Pinkie walked up to the portal. She put her face in before I pulled it out. Her hair was frizzled as she smiled sheepishly at me. 

"Its citizens need me. But now I can go through the portal whenever I need to. This isn't goodbye. It's just goodbye 'til next time," Twilight added. Rarity looked at her confused.

"Wait a moment," she said, causing us to look over at her. "In that sentence, you kept saying stuff about yourself, darling. What about Galaxy?" Rarity questioned.

Twilight and I exchanged a smile as I let go of Flash's hand, who looked just as confused as the girls. "Me and Galaxy were talking last night after the show, and... We came to a conclusion," Twilight told them.

"What? Don't leave us hanging!" Rainbow yelled, causing Applejack to nudge her in the arm. I smiled widely at them. "I decided I want to stay here in Canterlot High!" I told them.

They looked at me in shock. "Really?" Fluttershy questioned. I nodded. "Yeah, ever since we found the Tree of Harmony, I felt like I haven't been a part of the group. But ever since I came here, I felt connected to this place. So, Twilight and I talked, and she said I could stay here... If that's okay with you all," I asked them.

They smiled widely at me. "Are you kidding?! This is awesome!" Rainbow cheered. The others cheered in both happiness and excitement. I smiled widely at the group before I turned to Twilight.

We hugged each other as I felt tears cloud my eyes. "I'll come visit soon, okay?" I asked her as we pulled apart. Twilight nodded as she wiped a tear from her eye. "Yeah... I'll see you soon. And I'll inform mom and dad, Shining Armor, and Cadance that you're staying here," Twilight told me.

I nodded. "Thanks," I told her as I took a step back before I felt Spike touch my leg. I looked down at him to see that he was looking at me sadly. I kneeled down before I pulled him into a hug.

"I'll see you soon buddy," I told him as we pulled apart. Spike jumped out of my arms. "Yeah... See you soon," he told me before I stood up, only for Flash to wrap an arm around my shoulder. 

Twilight. looked down at Spike. "Ready?" she asked him. Spike nodded. "Ready!' Spike confirmed. We waved goodbye as Spike walked through the portal. Twilight smiled at us one more time before she walked through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~THIRD PERSON P.O.V

The group went back to the stage, getting ready to practice their performance later that day. Sunset was writing in her journal, Vinyl was checking the soundboard, while the rest of the girls and Flash stood by each other.

'Dear Princess Twilight. Missing you already, and I hope you'll be back soon. Things are definitely looking up for me here at Canterlot High. But I know I still have a lot to learn about friendship. Hope you don't mind if I write to you for advice when I need it. Galaxy says hi! Your friend, Sunset Shimmer,' Sunset read in her head as she wrote.

Once she finished, she closed the journal. The group turned to look at her. "Hey, Sunset!" Flash called, causing her to look over at them. "You ready or what?" Rainbow questioned.

Sunset smiled before she got up and grabbed the guitar that she played earlier and ran over to the group. "Ready!" she grinned. The seven looked over at Pinkie.