[5]

~GALAXY P.O.V

It was now morning and we were at Sweet Apple Acres, practicing the counter spell. Well, trying to. Flash wasn't with us because he had to catch up with his band... And I'm kinda glad he isn't. 

Twilight and I were singing, I think I was doing a good job but I wasn't sure about her, no offense. 

"Hey, hey, listen," she sang slightly off-key before there was a bit of feedback. "We've got a message for you," Twilight cringed while singing.

"We're not all alike. But our friendship is true," I sang with a slight charm in my voice. I looked over and saw Spike covering his ears while Sunset was cringing as she held the box where the microphones were connected.

"Yeah, we're really different. But we still get along," Twilight sang, causing feedback from the machine and both Spike and Sunset cringing as the rest of the group exchanged an unsure look.

"So hey, hey, listen to our song. You may think you're in control," I sang with a one voice crack, causing me to cringe. "But we're here to prove you wrong. With our friendship and our music," Twilight sang, causing all of us to cringe.

"With the power of our song. Gonna stomp our feet, clap our hands," I sang as Twilight held up the notebook, which all I could see were scribbles. I also noticed Rainbow trying to play well enough so she could get her ears and tail.

"With the magic of friendship. Gonna stop your evil plan!" Twilight finished before Rainbow looked up to see if her ears came in, but they don't, causing her to have an annoyed look on her face.

"Eh, that sounded... way better than the last... five times you've played it. Heh heh," Spike lied, trying to reassure us. "Nnope," Big Mac said as he walked past the window with a crate of apples.

Spike whimpered as he looked at us nervously. "I think it's pretty obvious what's going wrong with this counter-spell," Rainbow said, causing Applejack to glare at her as Rarity crossed her arms with a glare.

"You're turnin' what should be the chorus into a five-minute guitar solo?" Applejack told her causing Rarity to nod in agreement. "I have to pick up the slack somehow! Are you guys even trying?!" Rainbow yelled at them.

"I'm trying," Fluttershy told them, causing Rainbow to look at her with a deadpan stare. "It's fine," Twilight said before she laughed nervously. I put a hand on her shoulder. "It'll be fine. One more time from the top!" I told the group, covering for Twilight, who gave me a small smile.

The group just stared at us for a second, not saying anything. "Or, perhaps we could take a short break, try on some of the wardrobe choices I've put together?" Rarity said as she pulled out a rack of clothing. "I'm particularly fond of this one," Rarity said before she pushed it away, wearing some sort of matching jacket. 

"Eh, of course we could always go with something a bit more modern," Rarity suggested. "We're tryin' to save our school here. Enough with the costumes!" Applejack told her.

Somehow, Rarity had magically appeared in some sort of robot outfit that was gold. "Oh, you can never have enough costumes!" Rarity told her as she crossed her arms.

"She just wants to make things fun! Isn't that what being in a band supposed to be?" Pinkie questioned before she played the rimshot angrily. "You don't have time for any of this! You're supposed to check in at the Battle of the Bands in fifteen minutes!" Sunset informed us.

We all gasped in shock and worry. "Oh, no!" we all said before Rainbow, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Sunset started packing the equipment.