[4]

~GALAXY P.O.V

We got to the gym as the students were arguing silently. Twilight, Sunset, Rainbow, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and I were at the snack and drink table. Flash had gone over to talk with his friends but they were still glaring at the other bands.

"I-I'm gonna get more punch!" I heard Flash make an excuse before he walked over to us. "Not having any luck with them?" I asked him as Flash stood next to me and he nodded.

"Yeah. All they can think about is the competition. I'm getting kinda annoyed by them, but I know it's not their fault. It's the Dazzlings spell," Flash told me before he took a drink of his newly poured punch. "Yeah. But the spell will be over soon," I reassured him and he smiled.

"How is Equestria anyway? I never had the chance to ask?" Flash asked as he grabbed a cookie before Pinkie ate them all. I looked down. "Oh... It's fine. Nothing special really happened... Other than we found something called the Tree of Harmony," I told him and he looked at me curiously.

"Really? What's that?" Flash asked me before he took a bite of his cookie. "It's apparently the Tree where the Elements of Harmony come from. We did have to give them back to the Tree so it could get protecting Equestria," I explained to him.

He smiled at me. "Wow. Equestria really sounds more amazing than this world," Flash said with a smile, causing me to look down with a frown. "It's not all that, you know," I told him before I saw what I think was the Dazzling's walk into the gym.

I motioned my head to the door and Flash looked over to see them. He gasped before we gave each other a look. We looked at the others. "Guys. Three o'clock," I told them. They looked over and spotted them.

We nodded before we walked to the middle of the gym. "This is just the kickoff party, girls. Imagine what a tizzy they'll be in by the time the Battle of the Bands starts," The girl, who I think is the leader, told the other two.

"There isn't going to be a Battle of the Bands!" Twilight shouted as we posed, and everyone in the room looked over at us. "We're gonna make sure of that! Alright, guys, let's do this!" Twilight said before we grabbed each other's hands.

I blushed as Flash and I held hands. "Friendship is magic!"

But nothing happened. There was just awkward silence. We opened our eyes as someone coughed. "Uh, weren't there rainbows and lasers and stuff last time?" Rainbow whispered/asked Twilight.

"I don't understand. We're all together again. Why isn't this working?" Twilight whispered as she and I exchanged a look. "You, uh... really need to go ahead and do that whole 'magic of friendship' thing now," Spike told us but Twilight shook her head.

"We're trying, Spike. I thought the eight of us standing together against the sirens would bring out the magic we needed to defeat them. That's what happened before," Twilight said.

"Talk about throwing down the gauntlet! This group is obviously serious about winning! A little cocky though, aren't they? Claiming there won't really be a battle. Seems they think they've already got this thing all locked up," The leader of the Dazzlings said, causing fighting among the students to start up again.

"Not if the Great and Powerful Trrrrrixie has anything to do with it!" Trixie shouted. "Whatever, Trixie! We're the best band at CHS!" someone shouted from the crowd. Applebloom stepped forward. "No! The Crusaders are gonna win!" she shouted before everyone started arguing.

I set a hand on Twilight's shoulder. "Maybe we should get out of here,"

She nodded before we all walked out of the gym, not knowing that the Dazzlings were talking about us.