_

i walked around, looking for abbie. i knew the slow dances were going to start at any time now and i didn't wanna spend half the time looking for her, but i couldn't find her.
as i was walking, I ran into another familiar face.

{Y/NS POV}

i walked around, looking for bryce. it seemed like i had been looking for hours, i eventually got too tired of walking around for him.
i just wanted this night to be over with and go home.
i started walking towards the door, looking down, before accidentally bumping into someone.
-"oh, I'm so sorry y/n." noah said, putting his hand on my shoulder.
-"it's fine." I gulped, looking away from him.
-"are you okay?" he asked, looking me in the eye, practically forcing me to look back.
-"yeah, im okay. im just bored." i said, pressing my back against the wall next to us.
-"me too." he replied, leaning back next to me.
it was kind of silent between us, neither one of us had anything to say.
-"do you want a drink?" he asked.
-"the one doused in vodka?" I smiled.
-"fair." he smiled back, before a slow song faded into the radio and into my ears.
i recognized the song.. it was one of my favorites.
sign of the times by Harry styles.
i felt almost sad that i didnt have anyone to dance with, youd think by now id have someone for myself like sadie and millie do.
I saw them dancing across the room, making me feel a little lonely and embarrassed.
-"do you want to dance with me?" Noah asked, taking me back a bit.
-"what about abbie?" i squint
-"it doesnt matter. let's go." he said, taking my hand and walking with me to the middle of the room.
he slowly slips his hands on my waists and I rest my arms around his shoulders and neck.
he looked me in the eyes, he didn't look uncomfortable like I thought he would.
-"i dont know if bryce told you this, but i think you look really pretty tonight."
-"thank you." I giggle, looking into his sparkling hazel eyes.
-"why are you being so.. nice to me?" I ask.
-"because...you're different from all the other girls." he replied to my question, but didn't answer it.
-"what's that mean?" I smile, confused.
-"i mean, every other girl looks at me like im a decoy because im rich and attractive looking. even yesterday when I gave you a ride, most girls would've gushed over me because of that car. but you didn't. you don't talk to me like im an object like every other girl." he explained.
-"we dont talk that much." I shook my head, looking down a bit.
-"i know, but when we do.. it just makes me feel happier. even the small talks, it just makes me feel like an actual human being, you know? nobody else makes me feel that way."  he explained.
i felt bad for him. i had no idea he felt that way.. i guess he doesn't have such a perfect life after all.
-"i guess i was wrong about you. i never talked to you because i always thought you were just.. a loud and obnoxious player boy that partied every week." i said.
-"thats not me at all." he shook his head.
-"then who are you?" I asked, looking up at him.
-"do you want to figure it out for yourself?" he asked, slowly leaning into me.
i started to feel my eyes close, i wasn't even thinking. at least not until i felt a hand on my shoulder, making me turn right around away from Noah.
-"we need to show you something. both of you." sadie said, dragging us away.
we both looked at each other, confused, before both millie and Sadie drug us out to the double doors and
saw something that shocked us.
it was bryce and abbie making out against the wall.
-"what the fuck?" i yell, smiling in shock, as they both pulled away from each other.
-"hi y/n." abbie smiled, clearly drunk.
-"sorry y/n, marcus dared me to ask you to this. we didn't think you'd actually say yes." he smiled, drinking out of a metal flask.
-"are you serious, man?" noah looked at bryce in disgust.
-"fucking idiot." i groaned, walking out the double doors and towards the exit outside.
it was freezing, but i knew my house wasnt too far away.
i can't believe i was actually that naive to believe that he'd actually like me.
I'm such an idiot.
he's not even my type at all
what was i thinking?
am i really that desperate?
i should've just listened to millie and Sadie.
i didnt notice someone was behind me until I felt a cold hand against my shoulder, making me turn around.
it was noah, he looked worried.
-"y/n I'm sorry." he apologized.
-"its whatever, go back inside." I said.
-"i can take you home?" he offered.
-"i live down there, ill be fine. thank you anyway." i said, flatly before walking off into the woods.

i wasn't even upset, i just felt so stupid and embarrassed.
i walked inside my house after what seemed like hours of walking and saw my mom inside sitting at the table.
my shoes were in my hands, I threw them to the side as she looked at me.
-"your dress shows too much, you look like a slut." she said, smoking her cigarette.
-"love you too, mom." I stomped upstairs.

bitch.

_

hours later, i laid down in my bed after taking a long shower and putting on old clothes to sleep in.
i check my phone and see a notification from Instagram one minute ago.
it was from noah.

[noah] im sorry about tonight :(

[y/n] its fine, i didnt like him like that anyways. im sorry about abbie.

[noah] i didnt like her either.

[y/n] then why did you come with her?

[noah] because, the girl I actually wanted to go with already had a date.

[y/n] oh.

[noah] yeah..

[y/n] whos the girl?

the three dots popped up for what seemed like 10 hours, making me nervous..

[noah] well, she just recently came into my life. shes a very pretty girl, she's very overlooked i feel like. i don't know her very well at all, i just know shes special. shes the type of person thats hard to find in life, and id love to get to know her better. i just dont think she'd want me in her life.

[y/n] why wouldnt she?

[noah] because, im me, shes her. i feel like maybe shes not interested in getting to know me as much as im interested in getting to know her, you know?

[y/n] why dont you ask her?

[noah] i cant.

[y/n] why not?

[noah] i dont want to feel like an idiot when i get rejected.

[y/n] you won't get rejected.

[noah] how do you know?

[y/n] because she wants to get to know you to.

[noah] do you know if she's more of a "walk in the park" kind of girl or is she more into roller skating?

[y/n] although she loves roller skating, a walk in the park sounds better for her.

[noah] great, is she available this wednesday?

[y/n] she is.

[noah] cool :)

[y/n] cool :)

i didnt notice I was smiling until I put my phone down, and giggled into my pillow.

did noah schnapp just ask me on a date?