Morrijack Fluff - Pinky Promise

Yet another draining day from Squall's lesson. Now matter how hard she tried, Morrigan's progress with Weaving was slow. To make matters worse, her lesson was at MIDNIGHT because Jupiter was back, not that she didn't love having him around, but it was way less exhausting practicing during the day. 

Morrigan slunk sleepily into her room, trying to be as quiet as possible to not wake anyone. She opened her door and bellyflopped onto a very cozy pile of blankets her room set up for her. The air was a calming scent of jasmine, not her favorite, but she'd gladly take it. Morrigan looked at her watch and groaned. 2:37 a.m. 'And I have to be up early for Frank's party tomorrow.' She sunk her face back into the pillow. 

"Okay, you'd think that with all of the goth clothing you'd blend into the dark, but somehow you're still terrible at sneaking out."

Morrigan's head snapped up to see her boyfriend-not-boyfriend-it's-complicated-but-we're-in-love person thingy. Jack. Sitting in her octopus armchair. Looking dorky and adorable as ever. 

"What the fu-"

"Language, sunshine."

"Do NOT call me sunshine."

He shrugged. "Emo."

"Nerd."

"Punk."

"Tryhard."

"I was worried sick about you, you know."

"Snarky bit- wait what?"

Jack strode over to Morrigan and snuggled in next to her in the pile of blankets.

"I couldn't sleep. I was going to come visit you, and you were gone. I checked our usual meetup spots, even that one section on the roof you hate at night because it's cold. I couldn't find you. You worried me to pieces."

Morrigan gazed at him silently, wanting so badly to tell him the truth. She bit her tongue. 

Jack cupped her face with his hands and brought her forehead to his.

"Morrigan. Sunshine. Darling. Light of my life, I don't care, whatever you want me to call you. You know you can trust me, right?"

"Of course," Morrigan mumbled, "I love you."

Jack pressed a kiss to Morrigan's lips, savoring the familiar sweet taste. "I love you more. I never want to see you hurt. I know you better than I know my own mind. I know something's bothering you."

Morrigan giggled. "You know too much," she deflected, kissing him again. 

Jack sighed into her lips before breaking the kiss, resulting in a confused noise from Morrigan. "I'm not gonna kiss you till you tell me what's wrong. Okay, I take that back. I like kissing you."

"Sap."

"Shut up. What I mean is, I won't stop bothering you."

"That's not so bad."

"You sure? Because I KNOW how to annoy you."

Morrigan leaned into Jack. She does it all the time, but this time felt different. Like her secret was a balloon filled with too much helium. And leaning against her lover in that moment was like a needle in that balloon. 

Everything came tumbling out at once. How the Hollowpox was cured, how she felt a burning hunger to be a true Wundersmith, how bad she felt for accepting the offer but also how thrilled at the same time. 

One of the many, many reasons Morrigan fell for Jack was because he was an amazing listener. He understood her. When she just wanted to be heard, when she needed advice, when she needed a distraction. Her confession proved her point even further. 

So as a tearful Morrigan's head laid of Jack's chest, he whispered sweet nothings and reassurance to her. 

"All I wanted was to know you were safe. If anything, anytime, is wrong, contact me. Please. I'll do everything and anything I can to help you."

Morrigan sniffed. "Okay."

"Even if you feel like it's just a suspicion or you're being unreasonable, I promise that to me, you're not."

"Okay, Jack."

"Promise me."

"..."

"Please. I love you."

"I promise."

Jack sighed. Then he held up his pinky. Morrigan gave him a perplexed look, which made him laugh. "You're adorable."

Morrigan frowned. "Why are you holding up your pinky?"

Jack grinned. "Pinky promise me you'll tell me if you need help?"

Morrigan giggled and fell over, causing an unseen but endearingly lovestruck smile from Jack.

Still laughing, Morrigan held up her pinky. "I pinky promise."

They interlocked pinkies and shifted their bodies nearer to each other as Jack grabbed Morrigan's hand and pulled her into a passionate kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Jack."

---

If you were to walk into Morrigan's room on that same later morning, you would find a young couple fast asleep and cuddling in a mass of blankets. Upon closer inspection, you'd notice a small detail in their hands.

Interlocking pinkies.

---

Dang, I got cavities writing all of that sweetness. Hope u enjoyed! Requests are always open!!