𝟎𝟗 | 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

"But I noticed, just talking about
Death and violence,
excites you..."

Z A Y N A -

Zayna didn't move from her place. She was used to gunshots. She slipped her hand in her waist to grab the pistol she hid there. Being born and raised in a mafia family had it perks. Her brothers were always protective of both of their sisters that's why they taught them how to use a gun.

She learned how to use a gun when she was only sixteen. Because a rival of their family tried to molest her, at that time Abbas saved her. But after that incident he wanted his sisters to protect themselves. It's important for girls to know self-defense.

She held the gun discreetly before scanning the area to see anyone suspicious. Well, she knew she was never going to use a gun unless it's to protect herself. She can't go against the rules and principles she had set for herself.

She was unware of the dark gray pair of eyes that was watching her with an amused smile. Azhar thought that his little wife would be all scared and timid, looking for help but here she was. In all her glory with no fear in her eyes and a gun in her delicate hands. A sudden possessiveness grabbed him, he got himself out those thoughts and joined her.

"Where did the sound came from ?" He asked, getting very close to her. Zayna's mind blocked, and she looked his way.

"From the back of the yard." His hands sneaked for the third time around her waist, he pulled her to his hip, and took the gun out. Zayna was looking at his face while he was examining the yard.

"Where is everyone else ?" With a rough voice, he asked scanning his surrounding. Everyone seemed calm, but alerted. Most people were of course from the underground world. Azhar only had his family in mind.

Keep them safe.

"That āsshole." Zayna mentally flinched at his curse, he was looking at Feroze with his jaw clenched. And she noticed, he was the one because he was signaling some people around with his eyes. A stupid smirk was plastered on his face, and he was planning on something.

"Not now." Zayna stopped him by his arm when Azhar was about to go.

"I make my own decision wifey, no one has the right to tell me what to do. Understood ?" He squeezed her waist with a dark look, Zayna didn't reply and just turned away. She wanted to slap him but refrained herself or else she will be in trouble.

"Leave me." She softly said but he didn't move an inch. "I said leave me." She gritted her teeth and said louder. She hated the feeling of being an object, and he was making her feel like it.

"Can you just shut up?" Azhar glared at her before picking up his ringing phone. "Yes? Ok, get her to the hospital. Where is she? I am coming." He cut off the call.

He left her waist and in a blink of an eye, Feroze and his men were out of sight. He cursed under his breath and ended the party right away. "We are going to the hospital, right now." He informed his wife who quietly followed him.

They sat in the car and Azhar sped off as if his life depended. In half an hour, they were in front of the city hospital where Ami jaan was.

***

"Where is she ?" Azhar rushed to Ahad immediately who was standing with all the family members, only Shahnoor was there from Zayna's family.

"In the ICU, someone shot her in the leg. I can't believe they involved her in our war. She isn't supposed to be there." Ahad was guilty, he was feeling like it was all his and Azhar's fault.