Prologue

''Tell me something about yourself YN!'' Miki, your new friend could finally burst out when the two of you were alone after a long day of work.

''You know a lot Miki.'' You gave her a punch in the arm. ''Why are you such a gossip?''

''You never told me much about your past. Tell me the story of your life, I demand it!'' There was no point trying to stop her enthusiasm.

''Okay okay.'' You laughed, shifting to a better position on your small bed.

I don't know my parents, all that I remember from my childhood is that I was an orphan. It stuck to me just like the rest of my siblings from the orphanage. Orphan this, orphan that. None of us had a name in the village, it was just The Orphan. I don't have a sad demon story. It's not like any demon could kill my parents... ya get it? When I hit 16 I went on a journey to see the world. I travelled for a year or so, but it came out that living on your own is hard. That's when I decided to find a stable job. And here I am. In the Butterfly Estate, with Shinobu upon me, learning to be a good Butterfly Girl. Finding the Demon Slayers was a miracle to me. I always wanted to help people. It's weird for me that while living in this strange and dangerous world, so near to the Demon Slayers I've never encountered any demon in my life. I've had my sad moments. I've also had my happy ones. Maybe that's why I still have a positive side?

''You sure sound like an adventurer.'' Miki laughed at you.

''Hey, at least I did something on my own!'' You snapped back at her.

Both of you laid in your beds, not minding the hour, talking about your lifes. It may have been the last time when you had a chance to experience something like this.

You've known Miki for a year and grew really attached to her. Unfortunately, your happy times at the Butterfly Estate were about to come to an end. The two of you will be separated tomorrow. Both of you were old and skilled enough to serve in other Pillar's estates. When the morning rises you will face your new master.