Looking at the situation, Cassius opened his mouth quietly.

“Young Lady, if Miss Ophelia does not want to leave that much, do you really have to send her back?”

“….”

I turned my head.

Cassius was already gazing at me with a funny expression when we made eye contact.

‘He was aiming for this…’

A realization came upon me.

Only when I am not an idiot can I realize that Ophelia relies on me and follows me. In other words, if he holds onto me, no matter how much I try to send Ophelia back, she will always come with me.

I had to admit that Cassius Brudenell was not just a madman. He was a smart madman.

With that in mind, I made up my mind and strode towards Ophelia.

“Sister…!”

Ophelia called me in a trembling voice.

Slap!

I slapped Ophelia’s cheek as hard as I could, trying to be as ferocious as possible.

“Where are you trying to climb presumptuously? Go back right now. I am ashamed to regard someone like you as my younger sister for a while and keep you by my side.”

I could feel a tingling pain in my hand.

Ophelia grabbed her cheek and only shed her tears, but she did not say anything.

I clenched my teeth.

It hurts a little, it has to hurt a little—please hate me a little more… This would be better than accepting Ophelia’s foreordained future without struggling.

I continued coldly.

“Did you not hear me? Go back now.”

“…Yes, Miss.”

Eventually, Ophelia spoke in an emotionless voice, then turned slowly and left the hall. Standing still while staring at her back, which was slowly disappearing, I could barely breathe her after the appearance of her had completely disappeared.

“It is a great sisterhood.”

Again, the tone of admiration.

I suppressed the urge to smack Cassius in the face.

Once Ophelia goes back to the house, he cannot touch her while I am here. So, there was no need to provoke him unnecessarily.

Cassius gazed down at me and smiled faintly.

“Finally, I am alone with you.”

“…You are crazy.”

I repeated my words again. It was because I could not think of anything other than those words.

“Yes, I am crazy.”

He raised one of my hands and put it to his mouth.

“To you.”

“….”

Goosebumps rose from the soft touch of his lips. I immediately pulled away my hand.

Because of that, Cassius looked slightly disappointed though he did not show much.

“Then, would you please sit down again?”

“Why?”

“ I’d like to talk to you.”

“I refuse.”

He then spoke in a soft voice, as if he had not heard my refusal. “Since I have returned Miss Ophelia, can you please grant me this kind of request?”