Chapter 12 - My past

Start from the beginning

Bai Feng then checked on his pulse and leaned his head onto Xiao Tian's chest to hear if his breathing seemed normal and sighed in relief. The cedar-haired man then slung Xiao Tian's arm around his shoulder and carried the assassin on his back all the way to his manor.

Once home, they were greeted by confused servants but Bai Feng just went straight into his room without any explanation. He laid Xiao Tian on his bed and pondered, he couldn't call for a doctor because he was worried that the assassin's identity would be revealed.

At this point, Bai Feng still thought that Xiao Tian was attacked by someone, so he decided to check just in case. The cedar-haired man started with his head, down to his neck and jaw, typical locations to be struck for a person to lose consciousness, but there were no marks whatsoever.

The golden-eyed man then started to suspect that the assassin was tranquilized somehow, so Bai Feng unbuttoned his hanfu. But unexpectedly, there were no signs of struggle on his arms, chest, or abdomen.. That was when Bai Feng saw burn marks on the assassin's back.

"N-No I— can't.. die.." whimpered Xiao Tian as he grabbed Bai Feng's wrist tightly, just like a drowning man catching at straws.

Bai Feng could feel that Xiao Tian was trembling.

It was his first time seeing the assassin being vulnerable like this.

"HeiLi calm down.. You're safe here.." reassured the informant. The cedar-haired man hesitated but held his hand anyway.

However, what Bai Feng did doesn't seem to be working. Xiao Tian was still shaking so Bai Feng gently patted his head.

"It's okay.. I'm here for you" whispered the golden-eyed beauty.

Luckily after a while, his breath slowed down, back to a normal pace. Xiao Tian's grip on Bai Feng's wrist slowly loosened and he seemed to be in less pain now.

Bai Feng sighed in relief and tried to distance himself from Xiao Tian, but the assassin unconsciously pulled the cedar-haired man towards him and hugged him tightly. Bai Feng yelped at the sudden action but he was glad that Xiao Tian couldn't see how red his face was that night.

Xiao Tian woke up the next morning, trying to regain his bearings. The first thing he checked was his mask, it was intact.. And the assassin soon felt safe when he noticed a familiar surrounding,

It was Bai Feng's room. 

Xiao Tian then looked down, realizing that he was holding onto the informant's wrist the entire time so he let go of him. The onyx-haired assassin couldn't help but get captivated by his companion's peaceful sleeping face.

As Xiao Tian stared at the informant, he gently brushed back hair strands from Bai Feng's face when he suddenly remembered a distant memory.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

It was a lovely evening when young Xiao Tian was sharing a meal with his mother.  

As usual, his father was nowhere to be found..

Young Xiao Tian realized that somehow today's dinner was much fancier than their regular meals. The young boy wondered if there was something to celebrate, but couldn't recall any. Is it finally time.. Thought young Xiao Tian. After enjoying an array of his favorite dishes and helping his mom clean up the table, the young boy felt unusually sleepy.