II. Dear Katherine Pierce, it's time to untie the web of your secrets.

Disclaimer. Everything you recognize does not belong to me. I only own Lana Lewis and her version of Katherine Pierce. I get nothing from publication, and all the rights go to the show's producers. My ideas, however, belong to me, and I have full rights to them.

Summary. Lana Lewis died believing that this would end all her suffering. However, she didn't expect to reopen her eyes and be into the body and memories of Katherine Pierce. Taking up the challenge and diving inside the second chance she has been offered, she becomes Kate Pierce, uniting the two people she feels herself to be. The words of Lana's murderer are still clear and present in her mind. «Every action has consequences.» And she is ready to face them, starting with admitting her feelings for Damon and the name of the most significant threat Mystic Falls is about to know: Klaus Mikaelson.

Mystic Falls, 2010, February 25-26

Episode 1, Season 2

"Dear Katherine Pierce, Sometimes honesty is the best answer.

It wasn't always something I believed in, like Lana Lewis or you.

Yet when I first met Damon's eyes tonight, I knew I wouldn't be able to lie to him.

I poured out my heart to him, without concealing anything, admitting to myself and especially to him what I had realized twenty-four hours earlier: it was him. I always had chosen him.

It was him from the first moment when, back from the war, he looked at me as if I were the sun and smiled at me as if I were the most beautiful and brightest star in the sky. It was him when I revealed my true nature to him, and he accepted it without being afraid, without fearing me, taking me with all that I was: vampire and woman, monster and angel.

I don't know what was different about you. I don't know how you didn't fall for those eyes at the first meeting of glances.

Maybe it's the Lana inside me. Maybe it's her carrying, her nature, her soul, but there was no alternative for me. There wasn't a moment when I doubted it while I was reliving you.

I think back to the memories with Stefan, and I don't understand how you could have loved him when the first reaction to your other face was horror and not devotion.

And maybe it was just that. It was because Stefan saw you and understood what a monster you were, admitting to your humanity, to the Katerina in you, what you had become.

It is the only explanation. There are no others; there is no other reason why I could have tried something else, knowing and living inside you.

Or, perhaps, it was just the Doppelganger's Curse, that endless thread that wanted you two together.

I don't know if I will feel anything for Stefan when I meet him. I wait for tomorrow with trepidation.

However, I know that even if I should feel something, an echo of what you felt, nothing can ever take me away from Damon.

Therefore, I honestly tell you that I have chosen him, and if he chooses me, I promise you that you will be happy as ever and finally find a home in his eyes.

And there is no repentance because if he chooses me or if even for a second I see that adoring look he gave me for a moment as I admitted the loyalty of my heart, then I will know that my life was worth living because nothing but those blue eyes that look at me and see me can bring such peace and bliss into me.