baking<3

pt.2 of 'comfort' (chpt6)

robin's pov (fperson)

"robin! jesus christ!" nancy shouted as we got down the stairs, me dragging her. everyone in her house, apart from mike and his friends, were now gone, leaving the kitchen to us to do what we want. i soon realised that we were still holding hands, i didn't really mind but i guess nancy was a but awkward about it so she pulled her hand away.

she led me into the kitchen and she immediately opened the baking cupboard.
"sooo, what do you wanna make?" she asks me.
"uhm, i don't know," i said, "biscuits?"
"okay then." she started grabbing things out of the cupboard; flour and sugar.
"d'ya want me to get the milk and eggs?" i asked.
"ehm, yes please," she replied, looking for a bowl. i went to the fridge and grabbed the milk and egg carton.

as nance was putting the flour into the bowl (i was zoned out) she grabbed what felt like an entire handful of flour and threw it at me.

"nancy!" i yelled, sort of annoyed. i put my hand into the packet and threw a handful back at her. we both burst out laughing and nancy stepped closer to me. she brushed the flour off my face and away from my eyes. something seemed off though. she quickly moved her other hand up and threw yet another handful at me.
"I SWEAR TO GOD WHEELER," i shouted before bursting out with laughter.

we stopped with the flour war after a few laughter sessions plus an apology. i was mixing the dough as i felt a pair of arms around my waist and a chin on my shoulder. my cheeks were definitely a deep shade of pink.
"hi," i said.
"hi," she said back.
i continued mixing acting as if this was a normal occurrence even though it was extremely out of character for nancy to want physical affection. she buried her head into my shoulder, wrapping her arms around me tighter.
"you okay?" i asked.
"yeah, of course!" she replied, lifting her head out of my shoulder. i shrugged it off and continued mixing.

"i think it's ready!" i said, turning my head to face nancy.
"cool!" she said, with not much emotion.

i grabbed her hands from my waist, pulling them off, and turned to face her.
"are you sure you're okay?" i asked. she didn't say anything, but instead turned to face the ground, looking like she was debating on whether to say or do something.

"can i.. kiss you?" she asked out of the blue.

what? i mean im not complaining but i genuinely thought nancy was straight.

"uhm.. sure," i said after a few seconds.

she leaned up to kiss me and as her lips placed on top of mine, my stomach filled with butterflies. after a couple of seconds, we pulled away, my cheeks burning and her's a pretty shade of pink. 

"uhm.. so.. should we.. put the biscuits in the oven?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"oh, uhm yeah sure," she replied.
"

okay," I half whispered, grabbing the tray and putting it in the preheated oven.

im writing this on my laptop and idk how it works so all of the options disappeared so I can't make this in bold rip