Chapter 2

🍑

"Lucy Genesis Perez!" Gusto kong sumabog at magsabi ng mga masasamang.... mga... words.

"What?" Oh, please don't tell me she's not laughing. "Look, you and Rayni feel uncomfortable and hesitant when it comes to meeting new people, as you both prefer to interact with individuals you already know and are familiar with." Her face lit up. "So, the three of us will have a super fun rendezvous! Yey!" Clapping her hands excitedly, habang ako naman hinihilot ang noo ko. Nai-stress ako, kanino ba pwede ipamigay 'tong babaeng 'to?

"But.... I'm not ready yet." Hindi pa talaga ako ready harapin ang future wife ko. Ayoko pa. Baka kasi mag 'I do' nalang ako bigla. Nakakahiya 'yun!

"Ten years? And you're not ready? Come on, it's time to meet your role model." Well, the last words have really filled me with excitement and enthusiasm.

"Okay, fine. Let's end this thing." I have no other option since nandito na kami and it's about to start any moment.

"Hindi pa nga nasisimulan, end na agad?" Mapang-asar niya akong tiningnan sabay ngisi. 

"Enough of that. Let's go." Nauna na akong lumabas ng kotse at naglakad. I was pondering various words and actions that I could say or do. I was feeling anxious and so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even notice na nasa lobby na pala kami at nauna lumabas si Remi ng elevator while dragging my arm.

"Wow

"Wow..." I was struck by the opulent and sophisticated atmosphere surrounding me. It's incredibly charming, with a luxurious and inviting atmosphere that closely resembles that of a high-end hotel. Every detail has been carefully thought out from the grand entrance to the cozy waiting area to create a sophisticated and welcoming atmosphere. The tiles are polished, and the lights are strategically placed to showcase the office's exquisite features. The lobby desk is a masterpiece in itself, exuding an air of elegance and refinement.

Iba talaga ang Rayni Fuentes. Number one entrepreneur in our country 'ata 'yan.

That flower pot is cute, parang gusto kong kunin.

Self, kalma.

"Blaine, act like a CEO, please." I suddenly realized that my mouth was still agape. Without wasting a moment, I swiftly closed my mouth to avoid any possibility of being seen with my... ugh! The thought of being caught in such a dumb state was too much to bear. Malapit pa man din kami sa front desk.

"Is it illegal to express my emotions?" I raised my eyebrows, and she responded by rolling her eyes, before turning her attention to the receptionist in the lobby.

"Good morning, I have a scheduled appointment with Miss Fuen—"

"Miss Remi." Both of us suddenly jerked our heads in unison, startled by a voice that had emanated from behind us.