T H R E E

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

Choi Jinsu

This morning, I was not late.

"I am proud to say that I have caught up on sleep with a good freaking nap yesterday after school. And I am no longer the pathetic overthinking wreck I was yesterday", I announce to Gami, who is sitting at the desk next to mine.

When we have our first class together in the mornings, we like to just go to that classroom and chill there before it starts. It's usually quieter that way.

"Aw stop. You weren't a pathetic wreck. Overthinking- yes".

There's a few other students here too, just minding their own business and talking among themselves. I feel peaceful in this atmosphere as I drink my chocolate milk.

The door opens, and another three students come walking in.

It's Geonu and his two friends.

Just then I realise that I never even had the chance to tell Gami about what I saw, I kind of forgot about it since I fell dead asleep after school yesterday anyways.

It looks like I'll have to tell her later.

But I turn to her again and I can tell she noticed how I studied him for just a little too long when he walked in.

She raises her eyebrow at me in question.

I give her a look that signifies I'll tell her later. She immediately nods in understanding.

Shortly after Geonu and his friends, Kai enters with another classmate called Sunghoon.

I turn away immediately. I'm in way too good of a mood for his smirks and attitude right now.

Gami lifts her carton of coffee. "Cheers, to romanticising school life", she says out of the blue.

I gladly grab my milk and our two vessels come into contact with a light hit.

Geonu grins at us funny as he walks to his seat, the one behind mine.

"Oh, what are we celebrating?" he says, his interest amusingly piqued.

"Nothing man. We just hope to spend the rest of our school days stress free and slaying", Gami says, which makes Geonu laugh as he sits in his chair. I turn slightly to face him again like I did a few days ago.

"That's valid. I hope it goes that way".

"Same goes for you", I tell him.

"Thanks Jinsu", he says.

His smile is pretty.

I remember the newsletters again but, I don't ask.

"Did yous find the English homework okay?" I ask them both.

"Yeah, it was actually easier than the previous comprehension", Gami says.

"Mmm yes! I found it only took me half the time that that other comprehension took me...so like, only two and a half years", I respond to her, referring to her previous exaggeration.