P r o l o g u e

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

୨⎯ Choi Jinsu ⎯୧

I am rushing today.

I washed my hair last night and let it dry naturally which meant I woke up with a total disaster of a nest on my head this morning, which meant I needed to do a brief straightening. And that was the whole reason of my set-back of schedule this morning.

Straightening my hair. 

And now I'm here just about ten minutes before the gates will close, hair messed up all over again from me running and, yes, I am rushing to school

(it's a wp fic after all-👍)

But you know what? I am rushing to school and, even though school does suck, it isn't actually as tragic as it is in fanfics, at least luckily for me. I am glad that my biggest drama of the week is me being almost late essentially due to having messy hair.

As I'm throwing several books in and out of my locker, trying to stay somewhat neat despite the time ticking, my best friend Gami approaches, as always in her cool but comforting manner.

"Late a bit, are we bestie?"

I shake my head. "My hair- ugh".

"Your hair is fabulous girl".

"I bet it looks electrocuted right now". 

"Big frizzy hair was a huge hit in the eighties! But honestly I wouldn't know if you'd pull it off, cause right now it really isn't all that frizzy. Maybe a hair here and there out of place", Gami twists her body sideways to reach her bag on her back.

"Nothing one of my mini emergency hairbrushes can't solve", she smiles proudly and hands me a bright pink and mint-green patterned hairbrush. A mini hairbrush. 

I can't help but smile like a dork.

"Kim Gami, honestly, how would I- like, would I actually survive without your damn mini hairbrushes?"

"Nope".

"Mm. You're right. I'd probably die inside".

Gami scrunches her eyebrows in sarcastic agony as I slam my locker shut and we begin to make our way to the first class.

"That's without my gorgeous brushes. Meaning that without me, you'd probably die on the outside too".

"For sure. I'd just collapse here one day, and no one would ever know why".

"Right, how sad. No one would ever know that it was the Lack-of-Gami Syndrome".

I adore it how easily she plays along with my sometimes-dramatic self.

"Exactly", I conclude.

We burst out into an ugly snorting sort of laugh as we speed walk, resulting in us crashing into a few passing students.

"Oh, sorry Gayoung!" I say to the random girl from my math class.

"No worries Jinsu! See you later!"

I hurriedly grin at her and wave in response.

"Did I tell you about how the other day, I crashed into someone so hard, that I thought I really properly injured them? No lie, dude staggered back and started freaking wheezing-"

I start to laugh again. "Tell me that one at lunch, Gami. Try not to injure anyone else before then".

"Oi! I didn't actually injure him, turns out he was just one of those-"

Just then, I felt like I could have gotten myself an injury.

The sharp edge of someone's hardback book (hardback no doubt) slammed into my shoulder, and when I look up top see who it is, it all makes sense.

Jeong Yunho. One of the only guys who could have possibly been so tall as not to see me and slam his colour coded hardback notebooks right into my shoulder.

But I could never get mad at his 6 foot 1, preppy, serious, cute, club leader self. 

"Jinsu, great bumping into you. Sorry, hope I didn't break your arm".

"Well, you certainly got my attention, and don't worry, my shoulder will be well prepared for your stack of notebooks next time".

Yunho chuckles. "Sorry about that, we're all just rushing I guess. I just wanted to find you and check up on this week's newsletter progress".

"All good Chief Jeong! I edited it all and will have them distributed on time, as always".

He squeezes his eyes together and gives me a thumbs up before heading off in the opposite direction again.

"I actually don't think that guy even realises he's got more than half the school's population whipped for him", Gami says.

"I agree. He's so serious about all his work he doesn't even know he's naturally cute".

Gami and I manage to meander our way safely to the hallway in which our first class, English, is located. There is still time left, and I greet all my familiar classmates as we file inside together.

Honestly, my school life really is not that bad.

I'm friendly with everyone and everyone is friendly with me. I have a great circle of friends from the club I'm part of- the School Events& Newsletter Club. Amongst ourselves we call it the School Events Society [SES]: because our principal wouldn't let us officially change the name, and we changed "club" to "society" because honestly we're seen as quite 'elite' - in the best way possible. We carry the student entertainment and fun on our backs! And maybe if you haven't gathered already, our leader doesn't just select any random person to be part of our club. 

Then of course, I have my precious, fellow crackhead Kim Gami, and everyone else is-

Screeching.

That's the best way I can describe it.

Ah yes, I almost forgot.

"Oh you know that guy I was telling you about earlier? The one I crashed into that I thought I injured but actually didn't? Yeah I was trying to say earlier, that he wasn't actually injured, he was just- one of them", Gami rambles to me, ending with a sigh.

I don't even verbally respond. Gami knows my facial expressions all too well anyways.

So yeah, in general, I'm good with almost everybody here.

Just not entirely, everybody.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

┊͙ 𝘚𝘰𝘯 𝘙𝘪𝘢 ✧˖*°࿐