Distance, Resistance

Start from the beginning

"Like what?" Björn asked, as it was the second time he'd heard that. The three had looked at him, as if he didn't already know. "I'm looking at you the same way I'm looking at Frida."

"Don't you dare," Benny mumbled to him, warningly and then he laughed. "That is not the same glance... We'll go like we planned," Benny reassured the woman in front of him, and gave a simple quick wink. He had felt a shift from Björn, as if he drew his attention was taken. It showed even more to Björn when Agnetha put her eyes to him. He hadn't known what it was, but understood when she spoke.

"I think we can all agree... it's a really good idea that you stand next to Frida, Björn, and leave Benny to be next to me." He hesitated for a moment.

"Why?" They looked at him like they were all on the same page. And he knew it too, deep down, it's wisest but didn't want to accept it. "Did you guys already discuss this? Because it doesn't sound like news to you three, but it's new to me."

"Excuse us for not barging inside the bathroom to discuss it during your shower," Benny laughed and he made them all laugh too.

"But, you cannot disagree, it is for the best," Frida supported to Björn. "You should be more conscious in terms of the media. Your divorce is fresh and it's the first time she is photographed in public in years. The two of you together is very out in the open— whether it's to save you the drama or her. And if you want to secure it and keep yourselves private–"

"But we will have to be together anyway, we stand as four," Björn said.

"When we're not us four..." Agnetha interjected.

"You have to sacrifice a little." Björn listened to Frida and then looked back to Agnetha. His eyes revealed he was in a battle and hers were simply soft to him. And he realized it was not so much that he didn't want to miss a minute beside her. He was rather worried he couldn't support her if he isn't at her right hand and he was more comfortable to be the one next to her. Agnetha seemed fine with this idea, however. He breathed out an exhale from deep within his chest.

"Okay," he settled back gently. "If you feel better that way, we'll do it that way." She smiled gently even though she saw he was unsure. She didn't want him to be tense, and it was the last thing she'd want— for him to be on the other side of her but she was willing to do it.

"Yes," she answered with a playful smile. She bit on her lip and he looked out of the window and then back to her.

"Okay," he changed his attitude a bit. "But if I'm agreeing to this, Benny, it means you also agree that you don't move from next to her, no matter what. You walk the same step together. Whatever you do just keep her close to you and you're sure that she's looked after."

"If these are your instructions to Benny, I fear what you told the security," joked Frida.

"Don't get me started," he sighed calmly.

"Of course I'll never leave our little blonde one," Benny said. "After all, how many Agnetha Fältskogs do we have?"

"And seeing you're freed from me, Björn, I have no doubt you'll look after Frida like you would to a little sister," Agnetha said.

"Oh! Now I know I'll be under the best safety if I have Björn," Frida smiled.

There was only just three minutes left of the ride and for the remaining minutes they talked to the driver. Björn's eyes mingled freely with Agnetha and she allowed for it to. If she were to have a few minutes like that, how could she complain? She wanted to reassure him, she was fine. It wasn't her first premiere. Just the first in a while. She's a grown woman, she'd done it many times before. It was just that this one was important and too important to have it be wasted on chatter about just them. And her blue eyes, they held him like he could stay coddled there forever.