~𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 : 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 (𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤)~

before you start dear reader please do know that this chapter is divided in two parts in total both separated, there is the present time and the flashback ! Enjoy reading!<3

                               »»——⍟——««

As minutes passed by, Kai finally went out of the restroom. Without anymore waiting, he got out of the base with his crimson red umbrella printed with red spider lilys who once belonged to the old head of the Shie hassakai, the man who once took Kai in and raised him like a son of his, although other than Eri's mother, Kai was never sure whether he, the old leader, had other kids, at least Kai never left him a chance to chat with him about such topic, nor was he really interested to know.

Vagabonding through the busy streets of Japan, Kai stopped by a coffee shop and took an iced coffee with an assortment of biscuits to fulfil the wish of his hungry stomach.

He then went near a flower shop and bought a beautiful bouquet of white roses, around fifteen flowers were attached together to form a pretty arrangement, the scent of them was fresh and pleasing. Now he gets why girls adore this type of flowers so much and are charmed by the look of them and the smell of them hanging in the air.

After he has finished, he continued his way to his mysterious destination, what could he possibly be thinking? Is he meeting someone? If it's the case then who might it be?

Kai isn't into socialisation or communication with people other than the members of the yakuza, he wasn't good at talking with them either, yet his occupation necessitate communication, how does he keep up with meeting other gangs or organisations if he doesn't know how to keep up a conversation with someone? That's the thing, he doesn't meet anyone.

In case of not so important meetings, he lets his assistant, Chrono, or his manager, Mimic to speak or send his message to the people he needs to talk to. In case of interesting meetings that may infect the yakuza in a good way, he volunteers to meet folks with the company of one or two members, depending on who's busy and who's not but Chrono is a permanently available member for the leader which is Kai.

« Anything for the Shie hassakai » he keeps on telling himself, «  all sacrifices, all blood and flesh, all hard work, all efforts, all duties must be done for the yakuza , everything for the Shie hassakai ».

He's going insane. His thoughts are twisting, every time he thinks how fucked up he has been after the unexpected accident that occurred to the old leader. Every time he thinks about that, his golden eyes shed tears of pain and sadness, he still cannot believe it and his brain Is still processing it, even though it happened, today is the third year since that sad yet thrilling event happened. He hates himself or shall I say his inner hidden self whom he desperately tried to control, a beast is growing inside of him yet he can't do anything about it. And it seems to get worse and worse as the days go by. He hates it. He absolutely hates himself for having such a creature roaming in his bones whom we can call « overhaul ».

He arrived, after what seemed like centuries, he finally reached his destination.

...

A cemetery ?

»»——⍟——««

"You should stop getting into fights with others Chisaki, you're going way beyond the limits, murdering someone because of them bad-mouthing the yakuza, that's not a way to get it back to its old glory." the leader says landing Kai a tissue to wipe his hands covered in blood. "This smells horribly bad." Kai stands up from his seat, facing the old man right in the eyes, his sandy coloured eyes stuck on the man's eyes as black as the abyssal darkness. "This generation requires violence and not wisdom, I only educated that so called mortal by sending him where he belongs, maybe he will learn from his mistakes 6 feet deep" . With that he started walking away. The old man let out a small laugh "You're really enjoying this aren't you Kai? Well sorry to break it to you but with your mischievous and imprudent behaviour, I don't think you'll be able to make it as the new generated leader of the Shie Hassaikai." Kai stops, he stands still for what seemed like a minute or so before the old man started speaking again. " So? You held your tongue now? Good keep it that way, if you want to become the head of the yakuza then you just have to accomplish an easy task, just behave and fall silent until my mind changes but for the moment my thoughts will remain still."
"This is foolish, do I still look like the old kid you took in 10 years ago, I am no longer a child yet you still treat me like one." Kai said with an angry yet calm tone in his voice, his hands were clenched into fists holding his irritated rage. The tension in the room was palpable almost unbearable, the room had a nervous and heavy atmosphere, none of them is pronouncing a word. Anxiety and panic attacks were starting to kick in in the old man's body, he had never seen Kai this mad in the whole timeline he raised him in, he doesn't even remember raising him that way, what changed? Or what happened? Silence is still in the environment which makes it seem like an isolation room, Kai didn't make a move yet neither did the old man.
After what seemed like an eternity, Kai looked more or less calm at least for now which reassured the old man a lot, " Watch your back old man you never know when people you find trustworthy might betray you, the folks in the world are all wicked, be careful." He sent a last half glance to the old man before walking out of the room shutting the door behind. "Watch your back old man" this sentence sent shivers down his spine, it gave him the chills, a drop of cold sweat was running down his hagged face, he was trembling and his heart was beating fast it seemed like it's going to leave his chest. He sat down and poured some tea in a mug and was taking deep breaths.
Inhaled,exhaled.