~𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞~

"I'M FINE KAI" really? This is what broke such a strong friendship, two best friends falling apart because of that, three words had to separate two close people. Seriously, is it a joke? Why was Kai acting like that. I mean he only said that he's fine, nothing's wrong with that. But why was he so rude. Why had he put this attitude towards his assistant,his workmate, his friend but also his best friend.

Kai was now alone in the middle of a desert. His only help wasn't here for him, his only water drop, his only piece of bread, his only source energy and his own emotional support is now gone. Just because of his foolish actions.

Voices were now filling his head. It's like a bunch of unknown creatures were talking in an empty forest. What was the source of that? Those noises weren't normal, no. They were familiar. They were familiar to Kai. They kept mocking him by making him remember all his foolish actions other than what he did to his friend. They kept talking about his childhood which is a sensitive topic to Chisaki. The voices were getting louder and louder. Kai was trying to stop them but he couldn't. They were stronger than him.

He closes his eyes,pull his knees into his chest and his hands on his ears. Tears falling from his golden and shiny eyes. "please stop... " he says as memories keep filling his mind. He turns around. Darkness.

He closes his eyes again. He turned around, his biological parents arguing with each other. His mom on the floor, crying with blood on her nose while his father getting ready to hit her again. Kai ran towards them but they were fading.

He closes his eyes. Him and pops's first meeting. " What's your name youngster?" The old man asks, "my name is Kai.. Kai Chisaki". If that man didn't find him that day Kai would have been dead of starvation. That man was his life saver, his hope to get a better life but more importantly that man put everything he has just to raise a dirty child he found on the Japanese streets.
It was fading again, Kai couldn't reach it.

He looked down to see his shadow. Light? He turns around, "huh? Another memory perhaps?". Kai gets closer. Indeed it was another memory. "Hi! My name's kurono hari, I am new here, nice to meet you!" Hari was smiling there which broke the actual Kai. "That smile..." Kai was covering his mouth now, tears dropping down his face. "It's my fault... it's my fault that smile disappeared.."

Wait what? Am I dreaming? Is this the actual Overhaul we all know? Or maybe it's not Overhaul. It's Kai, the kid who went through a lot during his lifetime, the kid who was abandoned by his parents, the kid that lost his happiness, the kid who used to be so innocent and happy.

But now it's Overhaul. The person who is well known for selling drugs, who is known for taking away innocent lives. Who is know for not caring about people's feelings.

Oh how he changed. Sometimes folks say "people never change" and sometimes they say "people change easily" which one can you believe in Kai's or overhaul's case? Maybe the second one. Oh just how fast the night changes. Kai was now covering his face with his hands but removed them 10 seconds later in curiosity.

He was falling. Falling. Falling. Falling into nothing, into the abyss, into the darkness. Into the unknown. Kai tried to somehow see the floor but it never showed up. It seems like he's falling forever. For the infinity and eternity.

Will he manage to get out of this nightmare?

~hey guys! It's been a while haha, I'm sorry for not uploading this summer. I spent a lot of time focusing on how to enjoy this summer since 2020 wasn't good so I tried to replace that by having fun with my family. I'm still drawing the oc sadly I'm really struggling with the anatomy lmao. Also I know I said this chapter is going to be long but I wanted to focus more on Kai's mind more than irl things  so yes lol there might a part 2 of his anxieties but I'm not sure tho, I was really motivated while writing this chapter xD the next chapter might take sometime since school started again and since I'm so unmotivated but don't worry guys I won't give up on this book until I finish it !! Thank you all for your patience <3 and you can follow me on Instagram @fukur0mi for anime and manga edits also to become friends ig? XD and for people who play genshin Impact on Asia server dm me on Instagram for UID so we can play together cuz I'm lonely af :') anyhow good luck with this school year everyone thank you for reading this chapter!! <3 cya in the next one
💗
[EDIT: THANK YOU FOR 400+ READS <3]