•5

𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐀

Shit! I was running so damn late. Argghhhh! I couldn't believe I slept that long. I ran round my room looking for my shoes and socks. I already had my bath and dressed up, so I hurriedly re-packed my braids and applied Vaseline on my lips as I ran out my room.

The house was eeriely quiet and I wondered whether sis was back, either ways there was no time to find out as I dashed out of the house and the gate.

I sped walked to the junction, ignoring the stares. On getting there, I waved frantically at the tricycles passing by. They were all filled and I cursed internally as I checked the time, 8:15a.m, damn; I'm screwed.

After waiting for a good five minutes and still no free tricycle. I closed my eyes

"Oh God, it's your daughter here. Please please please send a free Keke for me oh God please for in Jesus name. Amen" I muttered, raising my head.

As if on cue, a yellow coloured Keke pulled up just in front of me, and I sighed internally. Thank you Jesus.

"Emperor high?" I called out

"Enter enter!" The driver replied. The three backseats were all filled and so I hopped in the front. Soon, we were speeding through houses, shops and buildings.

We soon arrived and he parked in front of the building as I alighted. I could already hear them singing the National Anthem and I cried internally. I'm finished.

I searched myself, the pockets in my blazer and the ones in my bag. No money.

Ah ah? I brought down my bag and began searching inside it. Hei! Jesus! Where the heck is this money nau?

I glanced at the man and I could already see the anger boiling inside of him.

"Ah ah na! Na wetin dey happen? Madam bring ya money make I dey go abeg" The driver yelled.

"Please don't be angry, I will give you your money. Lete just find it" I replied, searching my bag frantically.

How could I have forgotten to take money for transport? Oh Jesus! This man will disgrace me today. All these Keke people that don't used to have patience.

"Ogirl hurry nau! You no know sey we dey go work?" I heard one of the passenger say.

"No mind am! Oga make we dey go abeg! This girl no serious, you enter Keke and you no carry money? Na your teeth you wan use pay" another said as they all began yelling.

Hot tears brimmed the corner of my eyes as I emptied my bag yet again and couldn't find anything.

I looked up at them, struggling to hold back my tears.

"I'm so sorry, abeg. I didn't know I had no money with me. Please don't be angr-

"Which one con be you no know say you no carry money? If I woze you eh! Bring ma money jare!!!" The driver growled stepping out of the tricycle.

Suddenly, a figure stepped in front of me. Shielding me from the man.

"Here, take" he said, handing a one thousand naira note to the tricycle driver.

I looked up at the tall, familiar figure. Curly afro hair, bright brown eyes, long pointed nose and lush pink lips.

Andrew.

a.k.a the golden boy. He looked like someone who came straight out of a Vogue magazine. And his presence, his presence commanded respect. I could feel the silence from the men in the back, even the driver backed off a little.

"Next time, try not to be so harsh to your passengers. She forgot her money, so what? That's not a reason to crucify her, no one is above making mistakes" He said, a blank look on his face as he took a step closer to the driver.

"Thank your lucky stars you didn't touch her. You would have lived to regret it" he growled lowly. The driver's eyes widened as he took a step back. Even I could feel the hairs on my back stand.

"Y... Yes.. yes. My friend no vex" the driver said turning to me.

"It's ok" I muttered.

"Leave now. And keep the change" Andrew said. Instantly; a smile lit up on the driver's face.

"Err... Tank you! Tank you my oga. My friend bye bye" he said as he sped off into the road.

My breath hitched as andrew turned to me, his coffee brown orbs staring into mine. I looked down, suddenly feeling very shy.

"Uh... T- thank you. I.. um"

"Go" he said. I looked up, meeting his gaze.

"Huh?"

"I said go, you're gonna be late"

"Oh shoot!"

" Umm... Thank you.... again!" I yelled as I took off.

I could still feel his eyes on me and it sent shivers down my spine. Oh God.

                           ᴥ︎︎︎ᴥ︎︎︎

𝐕𝐎𝐓𝐄 ☼︎ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

♡︎♥︎