•1

𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐀

Monday morning!

I jumped up from my bed. A huge smile on my face. (I know you might be wondering what kind of weirdo would be happy that it's monday morning. Well, normally I wouldn't be so excited but it's just that I've waited for this day for a lonnnngggg time)

Today is the day I resume at Emperor's High school! One of the best school in the state! I've heard so much about the school, I've seen the kids going to school all dressed up in their gorgeous uniform looking all posh and classy.

God! How I've wished to wear that uniform but today my wish will finally come true! Yay!

I dashed to my bathroom and had my bath. Few minutes later, I came out with my pink fluffy towel wrapped around my body. I stood by my table side and began applying my body lotion on my skin. I have a very light brown skin which a lot of people admired. But what I love most about myself is my hair. It's so long and curly. Oh, and also very black in color.

I brought out the uniform from my closet. (Oya cue the angelic voice sound)

The uniform comprises of a short sleeves white shirt, a short blue checkered pleated skirt, a blue tie, a blue Blazer and white knee-length socks and a flat black shoe.

I stared at myself in the mirror. Wow! The uniform really suits me. The measurement, everything! I look really good. Although the skirt hung a little bit too high above my knee, oh well, that's the way they sewed it there's nothing I can do about it anyway.

I picked up my comb, running it through my hair and untangling any knots. Using a rubber band, I packed my hair into a high pony tail and styled my edges. I brushed and arranged my brows and applied lipgloss to my lips. There!

I grabbed my black and pink colored school bag and hanged it, strolling out of my room.

"Sis Sarima good morning" I greeted my elder sister who was busy preparing breakfast.

"Ah ma ma, you finally came down. Hope you're hungry" she teased.

"Yes oh auntie! My belle sef don dey cry" (my belly is crying) I retorted. That's our usual way of teasing each other.

"Trust na. You that cannot survive without food" she laughed.

"Abegi! As if you no dey chop food" I said.

"Come and carry this food jare" she laughed. I stood up and walked to the kitchen. Our dining is very close to the kitchen so.

"Is this one for me?" I asked

"Before nko? You no see as the plate full" she teased me.

"Mtcheww, leave me joor" I said. The plate was filled with toasted bread and fried egg with a glass of orange juice. Hmm, yummy 😋

" Oya oo! Start eating, time is running" sis Sarima said, walking away.

I started eating, few minutes later I was done.

I dropped the plates in the sink and drank a cup of water.

"Sis Sarima! Thanks for the food, it was very yummy! I want to start going oo!" I yelled. Soon, she came out

"Okay, take this seven hundred naira. Use two hundred to pay for your transport fare and five hundred to buy what you'll eat" she said handing me the naira notes.

"Ah! Sister thank you oo" I took the money and hugged her.

"Bye bye, see you later" she said.

"Okay!" I yelled as I ran out of the house.

I walked down the street to the main road. Everywhere was so busy with cars, okada (motorcycle) Keke ( tricycle) moving to and fro.

"Keke! Keke!" I yelled as I hailed one over

"Fine girl, where you dey go?" The Keke driver asked.

"Emperor high school" I replied.

"Oya enter, enter" he said.

I hopped in and greeted the fellow passengers.

Emperor high, here I come. I smiled.

•••••••••~~~~~~~~~~•••••••••••

And it's a wrap! Ha ha 😜

Guys, how did I do? I know this chapter isn't all that great but I'm still learning. So I promise to improve better 😊

Just bear with me for now o? 🥺🙏

Kisses 😘