Ch 1: Hello Hallucinations

Itachi was hallucinating. He had to be. It was the only explanation. He was being tortured by his own mind. Perhaps it was another symptom of his bullshit mysterious illness.

Why else would his little brother randomly pop out of a thicket of leaves and not level him with a death glare on sight? In fact, his imaginary brother wasn't even alone. The nine tails jinchuuriki was at his brothers side, topped with a bow, holding his brothers hand so tightly both boys knuckles were white.

Behind them was some pink haired kunoichi, with emerald colored eyes and pale skin, (his brain must be demanding dango with an assorted color palette like that) and none other than Kakashi Hatake was also there.

"Hey, Big Brother!" The definitely not real Sasuke waved with his free hand. A blush heated the teen Uchiha's cheeks as the jinchuriki hugged onto his brothers arm. Sasuke lowered his hand and placed his hand on the blonde's arm in return. He rocked back and forth on his heels. The way he used to whenever he wanted to ask him for help with something, training usually. His eyes flicked around. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

Itachi shut his eyes. Yeah right. His mind was cruel. He would never hear those words from Sasuke again; not unless they had to kill you tacked on somewhere in them. He turned away from the figures. If he didn't acknowledge them then they would go away.

"Itachi...?" He could hear the nervousness in his little brothers voice. Even if he wasn't real Itachi felt the familiar sting of guilt that always seemed to settle on himself when he said he was busy.

"Um, look Itachi," It was Kakashi's voice this time. "Like our little Sassy said, we've been looking for you. But we don't mean you or shark face over there any harm. So if you could maybe tell him to put the giant sword-shit!" Kakashi cursed as Kisame went on the offensive. "Scatter you three!"

There were shrieks and yells. The sound of scuffling feet and thrown shuriken meeting Samehada. But still Itachi refused to look. Kisame was likely still beside him. His mind brewing some fake battle.

"Sasuke! Your brothers an asshole! We should have asked someone else!"

"Urgh, I don't want to hear it, Sakura! He's still the safest option out of all of them and don't talk about Itachi like you know him!"

"I've seen more than enough to draw some conclusions! You haven't had any real contact with him in years aside from when he beat you up in that motel! He's totally ignoring us!"

"I'm not going to let him do that much longer." Sasuke denied his free hand clenched into a fist. "I don't care if he's not interested. He has to listen. We came all this way, and I did not fake my death, burn my clans compound to the ground, basically gift wrap my boyfriend, and rip Shisui's eye out of Danzo's head as a peace offering for Itachi to turn his back on me. I'm getting his attention whether he likes it or not."

"Let's do it." Naruto nodded tearing the stupid bow off his head looking determined as ever. His smile faltered as Sasuke let go of his hand.

"No..." Sasuke put his hands on his shoulders. "Stay with Kakashi, Sunshine."

"Bastard. Do I look like Sakura?" Naruto glared in return hands moving to clutch at Sasuke's wrists. "If you're going, then I'm going."

"Naruto!" The pinkette's inner showed itself as she raged. "I heard that!"

"It's not like I said a lie." Naruto replied to the pinkette before he turned to Sasuke. "Let's go, Sas. Cmon."

"Listen idiot, I've got to get through to my brother or we're fucked. I can't do that if I'm worried about you getting taken and us getting separated. Understand? Just stay hidden. I'll come back to get you."

"Yeah, yeah, Okay," Naruto agreed. "But you better be careful. Your brother messed you up last time."

"I know. I'm not going to fight him. Just talk. I'll be right back." Sasuke nodded. He pressed a kiss to the blonde's right palm. "Promise."

With that said, Naruto let Sasuke go. His blue eyes never left him as Sasuke sprinted out into the open. He shot past Kisame, falling to his knees in order to slide below the shark man's heavy swing.

"Sasuke, what the hell are you doing?" Kakashi demanded, kunai to kunai with Kisame. "This meet and greet idea was a bust! Get lost!"

"No way! Failure is not an option. We came too far to just turn back." Sasuke steeled his resolve.

"Itachi!" Sasuke yelled out to the elder Uchiha. "Big brother call off your stupid shark! I'm not here to kill you, I'm here to talk!" 

Sasuke was forced to dodge again, the Akatsuki's sword cutting into his shirt but missing his skin thanks to a quick assist from his Sensei. He spun, finally getting around the shark man.

Sasuke reached out to his brother.

Itachi tensed, as he felt a tugging at his cloak sleeve. His eyes flew open. He looked at his brother, startled. Sasuke. He was real.

Everything happening around him was real.

"If you ever cared about me at all." Sasuke's words nearly tore Itachi's heart out of his chest. "Then call off your partner and hear me out. Please..."

Itachi's eyebrows furrowed. Eyes that should be searing with unbridled hatred for him were pleading and desperate. He should have round house kicked him and refueled that fire of hatred that seemed to be dwindling out. But his brother seemed different from that pissed off preteen that sprinted at him with a chidori. He seemed almost scared.

"Kisame stop." Itachi ordered. "My brother wishes to talk. I'd like to hear what he has to say."

Kisame would have raised an eyebrow if he had any. He and Kakashi stood back from each other.

"Great." Sasuke nodded. "In that case, I'll get right to it. My team and I want to join the Akatsuki."

Itachi blinked.

"What?"

Now Itachi wished this was a hallucination.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

And that's chapter 1 peoples! Hope you're liking the rewrite of they abused us and they will never use us or Abused, but never used. Whichever title you remember it by. So many changes haha.

Anyways, I'd love to hear what you thought of this opening chapter in the comments! Like it, hate it, be honest! You tell me!

See you next time! Tiff out! Peace!