Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Beautiful..."

I quickly covered my mouth but it was too late Luz heard me and she gave me a surprised look.

Luz's P.O.V

She called me beautiful...

I look at Amity and saw her covering her mouth with her hand as her ears flapped and her entire face turned into a tomato. 

'From what I've seen with her around you, she has a massive crush on you too hun...'

Momma's words echo in my head as I saw the confident, brave, and smart Amity Blight become a nervous adorable wreck from calling me beautiful. For the first time in my short life, I trusted the words of two of the most important people in my life. 

'Momma I really you were right about this...'

"You're really beautiful too Amity."

And like magic, we both felt the world slowly come to a stop. My reddish-brown eyes met with Amity's beautiful golden ones and I suddenly felt something in the air around us, familiar yet not at the same time. 

"Tell her... Be with your chosen mate, my child...."  It whispered into my ear as a bunch of the light glyphs I had brought with me activated and surround us like the stars in the sky. She looked so captivating under the light spell that I felt my entire mouth go dry.

She could sense my nervousness and gently brushes my cheek with her incredibly soft pale hand," Sunshine, are you okay?"

In my head, I was telling myself that I've heard her call me her sunshine so many times but now it feels so special yet weird. I can feel my heart wanting to escape from my chest but I swallowed down all my nerves.

I took a deep breath and gulped," A-Amity there's been something I've been w-wanting to ask for a long time now!"

Amity gave me her full undivided attention, her eyes widening a bit from my words. I clamped my eyes tightly and spoke in a hurried loud voice.

"Ithinkyourereallybeautifulwillyoupleasebemygirlfriend!!!!" 

I kept my eyes tightly closed, fearing how she would react to my confession. I could feel dread feeling my body as I just realized that I said that at once and my turning the darkest shade of red ever.

'Fuck fuck fuck fuck Amity is never going to talk to me again!!  She's gonna avoid me forever now!!!'

"Luz?"

'Is it too late to move to the ankle or into the forest!!??'

"Luz??"

'Goddamnit I'm never going to be able to-'

"LUZ!!"

I snapped out of internal war and open my eyes to see that Amity has cupped my cheeks in her soft hands and her eyes were berming with small tears as a loving smile was on her beautiful face. Her ears were flapping happily as she spoke in a quiet yet gentle voice.

"My sunshine, can you tell me again but much slower?"

I nuzzle my cheek against one of her hands, feeling and enjoying their warmth as it helps calm down my nerves.

"I-I think you're really beautiful, smart, kind, and oh so talented Amity Blight! W-Well you please be my g-girlfriend?" 

"Yes!! A million times yes!!!" I felt myself tearing up as my new girlfriend starts to pepper my entire face with small loving kisses, the action making me laugh happily as my chest felt warmth like never before. 

Momma was right, Amity did feel the same way as I did and now I felt like the luckiest girl in the demon realm as my amazing girlfriend was kissing my whole face lovingly.

I never wanted this moment to end, but I spoke too soon...

"OH MY TITAN HOOT!!!! EDA SHE DID IT!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!" 

Both Amity and I turn towards the familiar hooting and saw Hooty and King crying with tears of joy as momma was giving me a thumbs up from the roof!!!!

"H-HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN UP THERE!!??!?" 

Momma gave me a knowing smile and wiggles her eyebrows," The entire time kiddo, see I told you she likes you~" 

Momma looks toward Amity and gave her an innocent smile," Welcome to the family kid, but hurt my daughter and I will destroy you."

"YES, I HAVE A NEW SISTER!!!! AHHHHH!!!!" King cries as he hugs Hooty's head

Both Amity and I were tomatoes at the point but instead of being embarrassed, we just laugh at how ridiculous my family is and got up from our spot on the deck. I gently held her hand and gave her a cheerful grin, squeezing it softly.

"Ready to head back inside? I don't know about you but I want to sleep for two days." Amity giggles and kisses my cheek, making me squeak in surprise.

"Me too but I do want to cuddle my sunshine a bit." I laugh childishly and tug her arm happily towards the house.

"Cuddle party!!! I'll get Sir Otterton too!!!" Amity just grins and rolls her eyes playfully at my silliness as we both walk inside the house hand in hand.

LUMITY IS NOW CANON IN THE STORY BOIII!!!! I hope you all love the chapter I actually wrote the confession similar to how I asked my fiance out all those years ago and let me tell you. I was a wreck XD

I'll see you guys next time!!!!