07.

"Don't do this, why are you trying to break us up, is it me?" I begged my husband as we stood in our bedroom, he had come home during his lunch hour which he never did, didn't say anything to me, —just decided to pack up without a word. "It's not —." He sighed frustrated by his own self. "Its not you Ceres, —it could never be you, I just need some time alright, space away from—." He paused, unable to finish his statement. "From us, —your family." I finished for him as the tears in my eyes finally fell and I stepped aside, he packed the rest of his bags as I sat by the bed watching, how would I stop him, why try when his mind was made up.

Then after he was gone, hours into the day my phone vibrated, a message shockingly from his father, no words or anything, just a picture of my husband beside what I assumed and knew was the reason why he had just packed and left us. My heart broke, my vision got hazy as thoughts of what could have possibly gone wrong in our marriage for this to happen churned inside me, I was in shock, tortured by my own disbelief, it couldn't have been real, Drake loved me, loved our children, —then why would he do this, I didn't want to believe it yet it was clear as day, he didn't love me anymore and he had already replaced me.

Ceres Beau.

"Thank you again mister Serros, I'll make sure to have all the assessments done and we'll see if I can lower the price on the yatch for you." I told mister Serros who was the owner of TechFiend, we had actually come to an agreement and now his company was officially mine, I already had the rest of what I needed to revive the company in progress, all I needed was a finalized deal. "You look happy." Maya pointed out and I nodded as I dreamily sat in my office chair. "I just finalized the TechFiend deal, I have something to celebrate." I announced and she shrieked in happiness.

"I'm so happy for you boss, —you deserve this, have you told your brothers or your children, do I need to start making calls?" She rambled on as she fired questions at me one after the other but all I needed was to bask in the moment, it was only two weeks ago that I had pitched this idea to Tyrell and he hadn't wasted time in making it a reality, he and the family had already drawn up plans, and made business proposals which all now would need my signature to approve, it felt dream like but it was reality, the road hadn't and wasn't easy since the divorce but I was steadily getting there and making a name for myself, and I was glad to have the help, grateful to my children for giving me the strength to build a future for all of us.

"No Maya, we'll start doing that tomorrow, today has been a day, —do I have any more meetings?" I asked the girl who nodded in understanding. "No boss, I moved them to tomorrow since I didn't know if you would be finished in time with mister Serros to engage them and besides it was a business proposal dinner from Anderson Forester's wife, she set it up, I'd previously told her that I would confirm with you before I accepted the meeting and from the looks of it, I made the right call." She explained and I was reminded of why I liked Maya so much, she was uncannily perceptive and had a really good head on her shoulders.

"Thank you Maya, if there isn't anything, I think I'll be out early today, I want to pick up my kids from school, Gavin has been overwhelmed lately with the franchise so it'll take a load off his schedule." I stated and she nodded. "You're a good friend Ceres." She asserted and I smiled toward her with a nod. "Thanks Maya, if there is an emergency you can't handle, — let me know." I asserted as I finished packing up, she snickered to my statement and I knew why, there wasn't an emergency she couldn't handle, its why I trusted her. "Sure thing boss." She muttered as she handed me my jacket.

Soon enough I was in my car headed to pick up Lola, and since the daycare wasn't far, I had her all buckled up in her seat easily. "So how was day care sweetie, what did you do today?" I asked as she gave me a toothy grin. "We painted rocks, and sang the A—bc song, it was funny." She replied and I chuckled along with her, Lola was smarter than most kids her age and she picked up on things easily, we often talked about it with Drake, how if she continued like this we would enroll her into school early and it seems despite his absence my daughter was getting older and smarter, so I would enroll her early, with or without him.

"Do you want to sing it for me?" I asked her and she giggled looking away. "No." She decisively stated and I gasped in shock. "Why not baby girl, —won't you sing for your daddy?" I teased and she giggled again. "No." There it was again. "Oh what about candy, will you sing if I give you a candy bar?" I tried again knowing it might just work. "No, uncle Gav said I only sing for money." That answer in itself made me look back at my daughter in shock, luckily I had stopped by a traffic light, how had Gavin convinced my daughter like this, and she had actually listened. "When was this?" I asked turning to the road, and she just giggled. "Daddy can we have a sleepover with Harry?" She asked and all it did was bring a smile to my face, Lola really had taken a liking to Klein's best friend.

"I don't see why not, —but lets ask uncle Gav first okay sweetie." I replied as I parked by the walkway, not much time after children began walking out, most of them running in different directions, middle school wasn't the best time of your life, I wondered how my son was handling this year of it and as I thought of him whilst waiting by the car. "Dad!" He called out and ran over to us, literally threw his whole body into a hug,— with me feeling most of the impact. "Hey kiddo, what's got you all excited?!" I asked in equal excitement. "Harry and I got picked to join the wrestling team!" He announced and I was in more or less shock.

"Congratulations, —I didn't know you were trying out, both of you." I exclaimed as Harry shook his head in amusement. "I wanted to try out, he just followed me into it." Harry pointed out and I couldn't help laugh at how attached my son was to his best friend as was his best friend to him. "Im so proud of you both!" I cheered pulling Harry into a hug, with Lola squeezing in to get some hugs.

"So how about some precelebratory pizza, I make both your favourite meals at home." I suggested and all I got in return were shrieks of happiness as I called Gavin. "Hey sugar candy." Gavin greeted and I rolled my eyes trying not to feel all warm and fuzzy when he called me that with his easily too sexy voice, if there was a thing like that. "Hey babe, —I wanted to tell you that I picked up the boys at school and we're heading home, plus we're celebrating." I told him and he sighed, I knew that was definitely relief. "I was worried that I'd be late again." He chuckled and I felt sorry for him, he must've been under a lot of pressure.

"You don't have to worry then, I got it." I replied as I parked in the driveway of my house. "Take your sister." I mouthed to Klein who nodded, and got out of the car with Harry and Lola. "Are you okay?" I finally asked Gavin who sighed heavily. "You know me best already, I can't lie to you, —I'm tired sugar." Gavin replied and like I suspected, he was overwhelmed. "So how about you come over to the house, stay with me for a while, you won't have to commute so much and Lola already demanded we have Harry over for a sleepover." I stated and he chuckled.

"Whatever the princess wants, —but are you sure, you'll be taking in two more people." Gavin stated worriedly and all I wanted was to kick him. "Don't be an idiot Gavin, you would never be a burden, the kids and I actually prefer you here, —so pick up four large pizzas on your way home, don't bring anything else I already have enough of your sweatpants in my house." I quipped making both of us laugh. "You say that as if it's a bad thing when you're the one who wears my clothes." He retorted and I couldn't help smile even more. "Shut up and get here." I grumbled childishly.

"Fine, fine, —I'll see you soon angel baby." He exclaimed and I rolled my eyes as the call cut, Gavin was the only man in my life who could get away with so much pet name calling without an interrogation from my father, it was amusing and adorable at the same time, despite everything that was happening I was glad that I could still be there for my friend.

something about
HOME.

Saint Jay.