25- Mission S.A.P (Part 1)

The cellphone rang.

Wei Wuxian picked up the phone. He has been waiting for this call.

"Do you spot them? Are they together?" the boy asked.

"Yeah... I see them. I want to punch his face," a male voice came from the phone.

"Now, now, let's not be hasty," there was a glint in Wei Wuxian's eyes. "Let Mission S.A.P begin."

Chapter 25- Mission S.A-

"Wait! Hold up. Mission S.A.P? Wei Wuxian, what the heck are you talking about?" the voice said, irritated.

"Mission S.A.P! You know, Slay the Arrogant Peacock. We ought to have a name for this! This will make us sound more professional," Wei Wuxian explained, squinting under the sun.

Wei Wuxian was standing under a tree outside of the Cang Qiong Shopping Mall. The tree was small and hardly provided any shade from the glaring rays.

"Wei Wuxian!" the caller had shouted angrily.

"I'm here, I'm here! What's up, Jiang Cheng?" Wei Wuxian called out as if answering for attendance.

"Wei Wuxian, do you think this is a joke? A-Jie agreed on a date with Jin Zixuan!"

"Yeah, I know, I know, that's why we are doing this aren't we? Rest assured, I, Wei Wuxian, may not know what I'm doing half of the time, but anything with A-Jie, I, Wei Wuxian, will not mess up!" the boy declared.

Then he adds, "Although, you want Mission S.A.P to be Slay the Arrogant Peacock or Stupid Arrogant Peacock?"

There was silence on the other end. Jiang Wanyin is most likely regretting his life decisions. Then a half-exasperated half-annoyed sigh came through the phone.

"Whatever, where are you right now? Meet me in front of Aunt Luo's coffee shop. The one we usually go to."

"Okay, Jiang Cheng!" Wei Wuxian chirped. "Be there in a moment."

.

.

.

Jiang Wanyin furrowed his eyebrows as he watched from the second floor of the Cang Qiong Shopping Mall, the two figures that were chatting near a fake palm tree.

If he leaned a little bit closer to the railing, he could almost make out the shapes of their mouths.

Of course, Jiang Wanyin couldn't hear them from where he stood, a floor above. The boy leaned closer, squinting his eyes-

"Yo- Jiang Cheng!"

Jiang Wanyin almost toppled over the balcony which would have resulted in a broken leg or his funeral. If the latter happens Jiang Wanyin would surely haunt his killer as a vengeful ghost for eternity.

"Jiang Cheng? What are you doing?" Wei Wuxian asked cheerfully.

"..." Jiang Wanyin turned around. Then he grabbed the collar of Wei Wuxian's black shirt and screamed at their joyous face, "ARE YOU BLIND? CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M WATCHING A-JIE AND JIN ZIXUAN RIGHT NOW?!!"

At least that's what he wanted to do. Jiang Wanyin likes to think he has the clearer head among the two of them, and because he had a clearer head, he knew that yelling would cause them attention and hence be found out by his older sister and Jin Zixuan which will then result in a disappointed A-Jie and possible no soup for a week which will be a terrible misfortune.

It might also result in a miserable Jin Zixuan not that Jiang Wanyin would care.

So in summary: he didn't scream. Although he would have liked to. But he didn't.