52. Go home for Holidays

I decided I was going to spend it at my home. "None for me, no." I said. McGonagall then left to the kids beside us. "Oh so you're leaving then." Said Harry, sort of frowning but trying not to make it obvious.

"Yeah. I do like spending it here but I miss my family and I'm going over to my cousins house." My grandparents lived with my cousin so it was going to be them and me with my parents and they had a dog. I stopped talking because I forgot Harry didn't have a family, at least one who loved him.

—.—.—

3 days passed and it was finally the day mostly everyone were leaving for the holidays. Hermione and I were already all packed. I spent time with her in our dorm. Since my 3 roommates all were first years including myself, they all were spending Christmas over at their house. So this dorm room was going to be completely empty.

Hermione had her suitcase ready and we walked down the steps to the Great Hall for us to say goodbye to Harry and Ron. We found them playing wizards chest. She gave orders to and Ron to help Harry look for more information on Nicholas Flamel.

"We've looked a hundred times." Complained Ron.

Hermione leaned in. "Not in the restricted section. Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas, Harry, Ron." And we left walking away. We were ordered to leave to Hogsmeade to the train station. Just like we arrived here at Hogwarts almost 4 months ago, we were now leaving for Christmas break.

We got on the Hogwarts Express and rode the train. Me and Hermione sat alone in a compartment. We talked and bought sweets for the ride until we finally arrived. I got my suitcase and looked outside with all the other parents. Until I saw mine. They were waving at me.

I looked back at Hermione. "Happy Christmas." I told her. She said it back in return and left to her parents.

"Hi sweetie." My mom said.

"How was Hogwarts? Was it amazing?" Asked my dad.

"Yeah it was, is." I responded.

We left home and my parents seemed happy. I missed waking up in my room but I also did like Hogwarts. Once we drove home, I unpacked some of my things and went down to eat dinner. Being there back was quite enjoyable.

It was almost Christmas when my mom said we were going over to grandmas which my 3 cousins, 2 teen boys and 1 girl my age also lived there. They were all wizards but they went to a smaller private magical school 20 minutes away from London. They lived in the same city as us, but on the other side.

Overall, it was fun. We had dinner for Christmas Eve and I got to play with my cousins and open presents once it was Christmas morning. The present I got was a book of spells but cool spells they wouldn't teach you in school like a spell to shoot cob webs or shoot air like a fan. Simple things along with a box of chocolates.

"Thank you."

It was a nice spent Christmas. We drove back to our house. We were going to visit them again for New Years anyway. It was during the middle of the day when I wanted to decide what to do. Watch some tv or read my present. Who knows if maybe some day those silly spells could come in handy.

Watch some cartoons - pg. 60
Do some reading spells - pg. 61