9

after this there will be more texting chapters don't worry

Corpse pov

I nearly slip on a red plastic cup on the floor. I help Yuli keep her balance by having her sling her arm over my shoulders. She was blabbing about some girl named Stacy as I try to find the exit. I finally spot an open door near a girl whose dress was too tight and her skin was overflowing. We make it out the front door but before I can reach my car Yuli takes her hand off my shoulder. She was looking at my face. I had a mask on, so I didn't know what much she had to stare at. 

"your eyes are pretty," she says slowly pointing at my red eye

I was born with heterochromia. I had complete heterochromia which means I didn't have the same color eyes. In most cases, their eyes are either blue or green, but for me, I got stuck with a dark red. I used to be really insecure about it in elementary. So much that I would start to wear an eye patch to and from school. The kids in my school weren't nice about it at all. They would often call me a freak. I accidentally spoke without realizing it.

"Thanks," I said with a smile that I'm sure she couldn't see 

Her eyes widened and I knew I fucked up. Yuli is a great person to talk to, but we haven't known each other for a long. I did plan to one day tell her I was Corpse Husband, but not so soon. I'm going to have to tell her now. I didn't want to leave Yuli alone at a party drunk. It felt wrong as her friend. 

"Let's talk about this in the car, okay?" I say grabbing Yuli's arm and putting it back to its place on my shoulder

I walk us to the small tree I parked my car by. I open the door to the front seat and help Yuli inside. I go to put her seat belt on as well. I get into the driver's seat and find my way out of the neighborhood. I hand Yuli a half-full bottle of water to help her sober up.

"mm real sanitary," she says uncapping the water bottle

I laugh softly and hand her the GPS for her to put in her address.

"Wow I expect to know where you live someday too" I can tell she was sobering up

I place the phone on its holder and start to follow the directions. We've been driving for 20 minutes now and I realize Yuli went still and fell asleep. I can't help but smile.

"Your destination is to the left"

I shake Yuli until she woke up. She looks up at me and then starts to get out of the car. Before she closes the door I tell her.

"I'll tell your everything tomorrow morning," I say smiling, but squinting more so she can tell I'm smiling

She smiles and closes the car door.

Before she enters her house she waves bye to me.

I'm glad I went to pick her up.