A Great Storm Part two.

Chapter fourteen.

Iroh's hands shook as he struggled to tell his nephew's story. But, these men needed to understand.

Zuko marched forward, ready to barrel past anyone to get into the meeting. He was their prince so what went on in that room was his business but the guard stepped in his path.

"Let me in!" Zuko shouted, though embarrassment tinted his face at how his voice cracked.

Iroh had been on his way when he saw the interaction and put a gentle hand on Zuko's shoulder. "What's wrong prince Zuko?"

"I want to get into the war meeting but the guard won't let me pass!" His shoulders slumped in disappointment and he resisted the urge to stomp his feet.

"Prince Zuko, these meetings are often dull and drag on for hours. I'm sure you could find something much more exciting to do." Iroh tried. He wasn't lying. He more than once had to fight to keep his eyes open during them.

"Uncle, don't you think since I'm going to rule this nation one day I need to learn everything I can? All the psychical training won't do me much good if I don't learn how to handle myself in a meeting."

Iroh stroked his beard, the boy did have a point and the hope shining in his eyes wore him down.

"Very well." Iroh would never feel more guilt from two simple words again.

_________________________________________

Katara finally spotted a flash of orange in the heavy rain fall in a small cave on the side of a rocky cliff and landed Appa.

"I'm sorry I ran off like that. I shouldn't have. " Aang said with his head low.

Kataras heart twisted at the defeat in his voice and silently cursed the old man.

"Don't be, that fisherman was way out of line. This war is not your fault." Katara said, moving closer. But Aang's next words stopped her in her track's.

"Actually it is." He whispered and seemed to shrink into himself.

"What do you mean?" She did her best to keep her voice from trembling.

"I don't think you want to know. I don't think I could face you if you did." His voice was low and shook slightly at the end. And Katara was struck by the thought that what she was seeing right now was not the playful boy she knew, but the young man with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

"This has to do with your nightmares doesn't it?" She asked sitting beside him.

Aang whipped his head toward her, eyes wide in shock. "You know about that?"

"Yes. I get them too. I just figured you'd talk about them when you were ready. But Aang, nothing will ever change how I see you, okay?"

Aang sighed and decided that telling her was better than lying to not only her but himself as well.

"Okay, first I'll make a fire, you're starting to shiver."

_________________________________________

Zuko could barely sit still as he waited for the meeting to start. His father sat above them on the solid gold throne, the one he would sit upon one day.

Iroh sat beside him, hoping his nephew took his advice and kept quiet.

The meeting was finally in full swing, an older general stood amongst them, his voice carrying all throughout the large room. The wooden table before him held an assortment of maps and figures representing the three nations. Zuko was hanging on every word, soaking in whatever information he could. Until....