Nothing is simple.

Chapter Eight.

Sokka didn't often get to enjoy much, a good meal, new fighting style, girls chasing him very now and then but he very much enjoyed flying Appa. Or...at least he would, if there wasn't a nervous teenager pacing in the saddle behind him.

"Aang will you please sit down?" He said looking over his shoulder annoyed. "If we hit a bump you'll go flying off." Shaking his head he turned back to enjoy the way the sun felt on his face.

Aang stopped his pacing long enough to through his hands in the air. "I can't! I only have a little less than a year before the comit arrives and I've yet master water, earth or fire! The entire world is depending on me Sokka!"

Katara couldn't stand seeing him so stressed so she reached out and grabbed his hand pulling him down to her. "Aang, it'll be okay. If you want, I can teach you some of the stuff I know. It's not much but it's a start right?"

His face lit up, grinning at her as she handed him the sweetest dessert ever created.
"Really?! You'd really teach me?!"

"Of course! We just need a substantial body of water." She said moving to look over the edge of Appas saddle.

Sokka rolled his eyes. It wasn't necessarily that he was jealous or resentful of the fact that he was not blessed with any bending abilities, but hearing about constantly wore on his nerves. "Great. Maybe we could find a puddle for you guys to splash in."

_________________________________

Training was the only escape he had. When he pushed his body to the point of breaking, when his muscles burned and his chest ached, he truly felt alive. He wasn't a banished prince, he wasn't an embarrassment, or weak, he was just a man, one with the burning element that so many feared.

Shirtless, the sun beat down on his pale skin as sweat dripped down his face, chest and arms. His opponent was worse off, frustration clear as he kept pushing forward without landing any blow's. Zuko pulled it back a bit, a victory against an exhausted opponent was no victory in his mind. Suddenly the ship tilted and he and the crew fell to the side.

"Someone's changing our course!"

Storming into the captains quarters, he threw the door open and faced the captain. "What exactly do you think you're doing?! No one told you to change course!"
The captain shrunk back in fear of the towering young man. His heart started racing and he wondered why he even listened to the old general.
Zuko snarled his lip at the trembling man.
When would these people realize that he is in charge? He's gotten these men through a lot and not just that, he was their prince.

"Actually, someone did."

Zuko slowly turned to see his uncle sitting at a Pai Sho table. Of course Iroh is behind this.

"I assure you it is of the upmost importance." Iroh stated calmly.

Zuko's heart skipped a beat in hope and excitement. "Is it something to do with the Avatar?"

"Even more urgent. You see, I seem to have lost my lotus tile."
Iroh knew this could possibly trigger his nephews temper. But the folded piece of parchment in his robe's forced this.

"Lotus tile?" Zuko asked confused, head slightly tilted to the side.

"Yes! You see the lotus tile has special meaning in the game of Pai Sho." Iroh explained, hoping that the calm answer will keep Zuko level headed. "I'm hoping the market place will have them in stock."

"You. Changed. Our course. For a damn... Lotus tile!"

Iroh was wrong.

_________________________________