S I X T Y N I N E

Start from the beginning

"That wasn't your place to decide that though. I'm not a kid anymore you can't go making choices for me and inviting my ex to family events. You knew full and well that I have a boyfriend and you only did that because Alex is white and you have a big problem with me dating outside my race" I didn't want to go back and forth with him but it seems like he can't help but do dumb shit to piss me off.

"Ivy, I was simply inviting over a family friend, you're taking it personal" He really pisses me off.

"How am I taking it personal? He's not even a family friend, you didn't even like him. You only do because he plays basketball and reminds you of the son you'll never have because Isaiah wants to be a surgeon" That hit a sore spot.

"I don't know what living alone at college has done to you but I'm still your father. If you think having a little white boyfriend means you're the shit and you can talk to me any kind of way you're wrong" He stands up ready to walk away when Alex opens his mouth.

"I don't think she was talking to you rudely, she was just sharing how she felt si-" but he cuts Alex off.

"I wasn't speaking to you boy, stay in your place" Deep breaths Ivy, deep breaths.

My dad finally stands up walking away when my mom calls him over.

"Never do that again" I mutter to Alex and he furrows his brows.

"But-"

"But nothing, he's ignorant, don't waste your time" I just stare off no longer wanting to touch my plate anymore.

"Iv eat" Alex snaps me out of my daze.

It's not like I wasn't gonna stop eating, I love food, my dads words wouldn't make me stop it only just made me like him less and also feel bad about myself too but still.

"He's an asshole, I know he's your dad but he's an asshole" Alex adds and I agree, he's a terrible father.

"I always wanted to be like Iris and get the same attention but honestly I feel like being ignored was better. All the pressure she must have felt. It's sick" I tell him and he just holds my hand agreeing.

"Is that Ivanna Davis?" Trinity walks up to us and I'm ready to leave.

"Trinity" I smile but it's not a smile it's a bitch get away.

"How are you? The last time I saw you you had braces no boobs and a sister" Do not get ghetto at a family function. Do not get ghetto at a family function.

"I'm great, how are you?" I smile showing her I'm unbothered.

"I'm good, I'm at the top of my class right now and trying to pick which of the several guys hitting on me I should take out" She loves to share with everyone what she accomplished, just to overshine me.

It's always how are you Ivy, and I say I'm good I won a competition and the. she goes cool I got to skip a grade because I'm so smart. I don't care.

"That's good, I'm here with my boyfriend Alex, he's a D1 athlete along with myself who's going to compete at Nationals with my National Raining Champion cheer team" I run right in her face and see that smile disappear.

"Your boyfriend? I'm surprised" She skipped over everything I said and focused on boyfriend.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because Ivy well, she didn't get the looks of the family, and I mean if you would have saw what she looked lik-" He cuts her off right there.

"I've seen what she looked like through her life, I still love her the same, I'm more surprised there's several guys after you, have they met your shitty personality?" Alex is definitely on a roll today.