cap. 1

THE WEDDING DAY

30 minutes before the wedding.

- Nina, my love, you look beautiful on your big day. You don't know how happy and proud I am of you – Mom tells me.

- Thank you very much, mom, all this means a lot to me. I want to see him and become her woman and start our new life together – I tell her at the dressing table while she finished putting on some pretty light blue earrings.

- Where were you going on your honeymoon? – Eric, my cousin, asks me from a video call since he couldn't come to my wedding due to work issues.

- We are going to the Maldives for a week. I already want to be sunbathing on the beaches with crystal clear waters with my husband – I say with a wide smile.

- Hello! Can I? I come to take a few photos of the bride and bridesmaids – says the photographer, arriving at the room.

- Go ahead, come in – Mom tells him.

The photographer took a few photos of the girls helping me with the white high-heeled shoes and took a photo of me with my veil that reaches my waist and my bouquet of pink and white flowers, and of course my dress, with short sleeves and with a small and elegant bow at the waist.

- Perfect, see you at the church - the photographer says goodbye.

Wedding start

- Ready honey? – Dad asks me at the doors of the church.

- A little nervous, but ready.

- Before handing you over, I wanted to tell you that you look beautiful, like a princess. That boy is very lucky to have you.

- I love you so much dad - I hug him before the doors open.

All the guests began to turn to see the bride and her father. Before starting to move forward, my eyes scanned the room, seeing all the people who had come to share this special day. I see my two best friends, Cloe and Nora, standing by the altar, looking at me with worried faces, and when I finally look at the altar, I discover that my fiancé was not there. I started looking for him all over the room while my facial expression went from a smile to a nervous face.

I run out of the church, followed by my parents and my bridesmaids, and look around for Marc, but there is no sign of him. After a long time, and without knowing what to do, I return to the hotel where we had prepared and I start to cry.

- I don't understand - I say between sobs - he loves me and we wanted to get married, it doesn't make sense that he left, just like that and without saying anything.

- My love, I'm sure there is an explanation for all this - my mother tells me, trying to console me.

- I've tried calling him and he doesn't answer – Cloe says.

- And I don't think he will - says Nora - I found this at the entrance to the room. It's a note from Marc. He must have left it when we left.

He gives me the paper and I start reading it looking for answers to what happened.

- What does Nini say? – my cousin asks from the call (Cloe was telling him what happened).

He couldn't speak. Reading that letter had left me speechless, I could only cry.

- He says that he apologises for all this, but he doesn't feel ready to get married, especially after he met another girl. He says that he leaves everything for her and that he takes her to the Maldives on vacation – says Nora, who at that moment had already taken the letter from her to read it.

- W-what do you want to do? – Cloe asked.

I didn't know what to answer, in the end, the most important day of my life had become the most horrible.

My british boyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara