𝟎𝟏 | 𝐑𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐭

Comenzar desde el principio

He gave her a helmet and they started their journey of about half an hour.Arooj tightly gripped Zain's shoulder as she knew he wouldn't like if she touched his torso. "When are you planning on getting married, Zain ?" Arooj asked after a while.

"Whenever the right time and the right person comes." He simply replied. He knew Arooj liked him, since...well since they become friends long ago. About two years.

"You didn't even considered me for a second, did you? Am I that bad Zain?" Arooj asked slowly.

"You aren't. We are just not compatible."

"But you didn't give us a chance !" She argued further.

"There will be no us, Arooj." Feeling hurt and rejected yet again, she choose to keep quiet for the rest of ride. As Zain stopped in front of her house, she jumped off the bike. "Thanks anyways for dropping me. Bye." She whispered not wanting her voice to crack and starting to search for her keys while Zain waited. He made sure she entered inside before driving back to his house.

As he entered his house, he saw his entire family gathered in the living room. Aren't they sleeping? Was the first thing on his mind. He shrugged when he looked down to see all his nephews and nieces staring at him, or more like glaring.

"Mamou, you promished Ice cream !" Little Heer exclaimed with her arms crossed on her chest. She was trying to intimidate her mamou [Maternal uncle].

"Mamou ki jaan, next week end, I promise. I will take all the bacha party with me. Ok ?" Zain looked at the kids in front of him who looked offended. It was the second time he couldn't fulfill his promise of taking them all for an ice cream party. With kids, he meant the five kids of his two elder sister.

"You are spoiling them, Zain. When you're not here, they get on our heads." Fatima, the eldest daughter of the house said putting the tray of tea on the table. Zain was the youngest of all siblings. He has two elder sisters, Fatima and Yumna. Both were married and had kids. Fatima had three kids while Yumna, two.

"If I don't spoil them, who will? After all I am the coolest mamou !" Zain said picking up Heer. It was not fair, but he had a special place for Heer. Maybe because she was so cute? The little angle was three but talked like a five year old.

"Only mamou." Yumna corrected sipping her tea.

"But still the coolest. They love me, don't you kids ?" He turned to them with a grin but they didn't answer. "I will buy you chocolate as well.." He whispered, to bribe them.

"WE LOVE YOU !" They all screamed, well it was easy to be loved by kids. You just have to bribe them with whatever they like.

"See, I am the best." Zain fixed his imaginary collar with a proud smile.

"I would rather say useless. You are twenty three, Zain. But you are still roaming around doing nothing. When are you going to take the family business?" Fatima asked feeding her youngest with potatoe puree.

"Whenever I feel ready to take this huge responsibility." He shrugged and went in the kitchen to get a glass water.

"You need to man up, Zain." He heard his father say. He was getting old and wanted his only son to tale over the company. To become the CEO, because he knew the company will become even more successful. Zain was an intelligent and very hardworking person.

"Whatever." Zain just rolled his eyes in response.

~ ~ ~

The next morning, Rubab woke up feeling very tired. Her body was aching but she felt grateful that today was day off. "Mama !" She heard her little baby say as he cupped her cheeks. Azaan was a cute baby of two, he had light brown hair and cute hazel eyes. He looked a lot like Rubab.

"I am not working today, you know what that means? Mama will spend time with dadu and Azaan !" She tickled Azaan and exclaimed. She was finally able to give time to her family.

"Yesssss, mama, we will play together ok ?" Azaan hugged her with his arms around her neck as she picked him up.

"Yes baby, but first Azaan needs to get clean and eat breakfast." She made him brush his teeth and changed him into a pair of black jeans shorts and a red tee shirt since it was pretty much hot outside. She then changed herself in some traditional clothes and joined her father.

"As-salamu alaykum abbu." She greeted him as she put her son on the chair. She started to talk with her father and make breakfast at the same time. Azaan was playing with his dadu.

"Wa'alaykum assalam beta, you came late yesterday as well? How long are you going to keep it like this ?" Her father was worried for her. It's been four years, four years since her husband died in a plane crash and four years she's been raising Azaan as an single mother.

Rubab was twenty two when she got married. It was an arranged marriage and she did struggle a lot like every other relationship. There wasn't love involved between her and her husband, it was care only. He was a really nice man but Rubab just didn't fell in love with him. But she might, if he was still alive.

Rubab always wanted a child and Karim, her husband as well. They tried hard for three years and they were blessed with Azaan after all those years of patience. But unfortunately, Karim died when Azaan was still in Rubab's womb. Rubab thinks she had moved on, but the truth is, she still misses him sometimes. He was like a best friend to her. A dear one.

But Allah always has better plan for us...

*******
As-salamu alaykum guys !

If you want to have an idea about how Zain sang the song, go on tiktok and type 'akofficial Zara Sa' and you will find the video that inspired me for the scene.

My book Dilruba is out guys, the first three chapters are updated. Go check it out !!!

Don't forget to vote
Till next update, الله Hafiz 💗