𝐄 𝐏 𝐈 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄

"Don't let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace..."

M E L O D Y of the birds were heard and the sun was peeking through the thin material of the curtains

M E L O D Y of the birds were heard and the sun was peeking through the thin material of the curtains. Mehraan let out a groan, why was the sun against his sleep always. He slowly opened his eyes, adjusting them to the light and turned to his wife who had her head on his naked chest, hugging him a like a bear.

Mehraan will never get tired of this sight. His wife was dressed in his shirt only as they had a long night, yesterday. Two months had passed, and it's been two months Mehraan hadn't contact anyone in his family except for Azlan. And they did not try either. His life was peaceful, he had his wife's support, always because his business wasn't at the best stack right now but it was getting better from the past few weeks.

He also had saved some money which he was currently using and Alhamdoullilah, they were doing well. Anabia was now twelve weeks pregnant and had an appointment with the gynecologist today. "Begum, utte." Mehraan gently said as he caressed her hair.

"Five minutes more, please." She said in her husky, morning voice which Mehraan loved. He wanted to take her right there, but they have an appointment to attend.

"If you don't wake up in the next few seconds, I will take you right here for a second round, jaan." He whispered, seductively in her ear. He bit her earlobe making her moan.

"I don't mind." Was she the same shy and timid girl Mehraan knew? Because since her pregnancy she seems to have become bold.

"But I do, we have an appointment with the gynecologist Ana, in an hour." He tried to reason her but she hid herself in the crook of his neck.

"But I don't want to go." She whined, she was sleeping so peacefully.

"You don't want to hear our baby's heartbeat? Fine I'll go alone." He untangled himself from her and got up.

"You can't hear the baby's heartbeat if you don't take me, Maan." Anabia wondered how could one be so stupid. Mehraan face palmed himself and scooped her frame in his arms.

"As we are getting late, we are going to shower together." He said as he kissed her and shut the bathroom door. And of course, a lot than just a shower happened in the bathroom.

As they freshened up, Anabia changed into a some blue jeans, and a tank top as she will need to remove it with the doctor and wore a peach abaya with a white hijab on top of it. Mehraan wore a white polo shirt and jeans to match with wife because she insisted to.

They got to the hospital and waited impatiently in the hall. Dr. Mia called them and they excitedly followed her. Anabia laid on the bed as Mehraan grabbed her hand and squeezed it. The doctor put some gel on her stomach and started to show them the growth of their baby. "It's the same size of a blueberry." Dr. Mia commented looking at the screen.