“Alright, Ms Shen, please enjoy your meal. I’ll get going.”

“Okay,” answered Shen Fanxing. Thereafter, she placed the chopsticks on the table and stood up.

“Ms Shen, there’s no need for you to walk me out!”

Yu Song emphasized. With half of her body off the bed, Shen Fanxing halted before sitting back down.

“Alright then. I shall not send you off,” Shen Fanxing said with her eyebrows slightly raised.

Yu Song nodded his head again before turning around to leave the ward in big steps, gone were the scrutiny and alertness that he first had.

When he first heard that he was supposed to deliver food to this lady, he was very shocked.

He had never seen Master taking any initiative towards someone he had hardly known, and with the obvious intention of pursuing her.

He could not help but doubt if Master had made a hasty choice, which was why he came with the purpose of scrutiny and curiosity.

Though it had only been a short meeting of a few minutes, he could already tell that the woman had good mannerism and temperament.

There was a reason why Master had chosen her.

Chapter 11: Meeting the Parents

“There’s still some time before next Friday. The two of you shall discuss to see if we can meet Su Heng’s parents.”

“Yes, noted,” Shen Defan replied in a deep voice.

The few of them had already felt certain about the decision made. The attitude and reaction shown were therefore as natural as they could be.

Yu Song frowned slightly when his gaze swept past the three people who had just walked past him.

Though his outstanding appearance would have attracted some attention, the three did not give much thought to him since they only spared him a glance.

Shen Fanxing felt famished, which made the meal sent by Bo Jinchuan timely.

Since she had accepted it, there was no reason to mistreat herself.

However, even before she had the chance to enjoy the meal officially, the door opened without a single knock.

Shen Fanxing frowned as she looked towards the door.

The few people standing at the doorway had sullen faces, ones that darkened further upon seeing her.

Jiang Rongrong took the lead and walked in, the disdain apparent to Shen Fanxing. Her eyes glowered down to the wooden spoon she was holding and hesitated for moments before she placed it down reluctantly.

She did not have the appetite anymore.

“Fanxing, is your body alright?”

Yang Liwei who was behind Jiang Rongrong asked. She had a jujube red embroidered dress and a snow-like veil cover worn. Her hair was meticulously-styled and her face was well taken care of, leaving the impression of a generous and gentle woman.

Even her tone was full of amiability and concern.

Shen Fanxing did not utter a word.

Even if she was well-mannered, she could not bring herself to speak or be nice to someone who had driven her mother to death.

The thought of her mother caused her heart to churn and ache.

Her cold hands curled into a ball of fist, her hatred growing out of control!