Pilot

Josie sat on the couch, stone faced as her parents told her about her grandmothers death. She didn't need to cry, as she had been mentally preparing herself since her grandmother fell ill.

"Jo, are you alright?" Lois asked, as she sat down next to her daughter.

"I'm fine," Josie gave a sad smile.

"Are you sure? We're going to be going out there for the funeral next week, we want you to be okay," Clark said.

"You don't want me to be okay, you want me to be stable...I mean, what will happen to your reputation if I get committed in Smallville," Josie snapped, as she stood up.

"That's not what we-"

"Don't lie to me...trust me when I say, I know when you're lying,"

—————————

The funeral was awful for Josie, as she wanted nothing more than to mourn by herself. She didn't like having people come up to her and give their halfhearted condolences.

"Jo, come on," Jon said, catching his sisters attention.

Standing up, Jo began walking with her brother, back to the car. Her crutch sinking into the moist dirt, irritating her even more than she already was.

"God damn it!" Jo yelled, as she aggressively yanked her crutch out of the mud.

"Hey, you okay?" Jon asked, as he spun around towards his sister.

"I'm fine," Jo snapped "let's just hurry up and get to the car,"

Jon nodded as he picked up his pace. When everyone finally made it back to the car, the Kents made their way to the farm. There they were having a small get together.

"I'll be inside," Jo said, as she climbed out of the car.

"No, you'll be out here with us," Lois snapped.

"Apologies, I totally forgot you thought I was gonna try and off myself again,"

"That's not something to joke about, Jo," Clark snapped.

Jo rolled her eyes, as she followed her brothers towards the porch of the farm house. There she sat and watched everyone mingle.

"You know you could go talk to some of those people, if you want," Jordan suggested.

"Why would I want to talk to them?" Jo asked.

"Well I don't want to be rude or anything, but you don't have any friends...you could use some,"

"You're one to talk," Josie stood and began walking towards the old tire swing.

"Boys, Josie!" Clark yelled out.

Josie looked over at her father, who was with the Cushings...or more specific Sarah Cushing, Jo's long time crush. She remembered the day she first met Sarah, she felt her heartbeat quicken and had no idea what was going on. Snapping out of her thoughts, Jo shook her head and continued towards the tire swing. Although she wanted to talk to Sarah, she knew her nerves would get the best of her.

"Jo!" Lois yelled, motioning for her daughter to come join them.

Jo looked over at her mom, shrugging her shoulders. This was one thing she liked to do, be very sarcastic.

"Come here!" Lois said.

"What?" Jo yelled back, a smirk on her face "I don't understand," Jo finally got to the bench and took a seat.

Lois seemingly rolled her eye and turned back towards the Cushings. Jo could only imagine that her mother was apologizing and coming up with some stupid excuse.