~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat outside, talking about why the whole 'holding hands and saying Friendship is Magic' thing didn't work. The sun was also starting to set as well.

The girls and Spike were sitting on the steps, Flash and I were sitting together at the top as Twilight was pacing in front of us. "It doesn't make any sense. Galaxy and I should've been able to create the spark that would help us break their spell. That's how it worked before," Twilight cried, still confused.

"But to defeat me, you drew magic from the crown I was wearing. The sirens' magic comes from their music. So maybe you have to use the same kind of magic to defeat them," Sunset said, causing to look at her as Twilight's eyes widened.

"Or... maybe not," Sunset muttered. "No. I think you're onto something," Twilight told her, causing Sunset to smile. "Really?" Sunset asked. I stood up and stood next to Twilight. "You're right. It's when you play music that you transform now, right?" I guessed.

"Yup. Ears, tails, and wings for Fluttershy, Rainbow, and I. The whole shebang," Flash said with a nod. "So maybe the way to use that magic to defeat the sirens is by playing a musical counter-spell!" I said with a smile. "You mean like a song?" Fluttershy asked as she moved her hair out of her face.

"Uh-huh. And in order to free everyone who's been exposed to the sirens' spell, we'll need them all to hear it," I told them. Twilight nodded in agreement. "Hmmm..." they hummed in thought. Rarity gasped as she stood up. "The band competition! That's the next time we can be certain everyone will be in the same place at the same time," Rarity said, causing Applejack and Rainbow to stand up.

"Guess the Rainbooms are the band to beat," Applejack said as she set a hand on Rainbow's shoulder. "And I believe you two, just became the Rainbooms' newest members," Rarity said and we looked at her in shock.

The girls were laughing and cheering as they walked up to us. Flash smiled as he walked over to us. I looked over and notice Sunset looking down sadly. I smiled at her sympathetically, causing her to smile back slightly. Pinkie appeared in front of us, which caused the girls and Flash to take a step back.

"So what do you two wanna play? Triangle?" Pinkie said before she pulled out a Triangle and made it ding. "Sousaphone?" Pinkie asked as she held a sousaphone before playing it. "Theremin?" she asked before she played it. "Soooo magical,"

"Thanks for the suggestions, Pinkie. But it might take us a little too long to learn how to play something with our hands. Since we're used to... Hoofs. We'll just sing," I told them and Twilight nodded. Rainbow came close to us.

"Like, as in, lead singers? Cuz that's usually my gig. This being my band and all," Rainbow said as she wrapped an arm each around mine and Twilight's shoulder before Applejack walked u to us, glaring at us.

"It's our band! And, of course, as lead singers. They're the ones with the magical know-how to help us pull this thing off," Applejack told the others. "Okay, yeah, that's cool. I'll just use this as a chance to hone my already insanely good lead guitar skills," Rainbow said, pretending to play a guitar.

I looked over at Flash. "What about Flash?" I asked as everyone looked at him. "I'll still have to play with my band. But... I'll be like a spy," Flash suggested and Fluttershy looked at him confused. "A spy?" she asked and Flash nodded.

"Yeah. The other bands might be out to try and stop each other from winning, you guys probably the most, after what happened in the gym. I might be able to hear some important info from the Dazzlings that we could use," Flash suggested and Sunset nodded.