"The price of celebrity," Beetee said, while the doors opened again to reveal the older victors. Mags, Muscida, Theo and Rhett entered the room, which meant there was no one else left to arrive. Those were the last victors alive. A total of sixteen people.

Dove didn't hear any further, although it looked like Beetee was explaining how victors had been killed by both the Capitol and the rebels themselves. She couldn't register everything at the time. Her head was too focused on the white rose Katniss had left on the table. The rose that they would make sure Snow wore during his assassination. The rose that she would make sure would be stained in a blood-red colour by the time she let go of the knife.

"She is protected under what we call the Mockingjay Deal," Coin announced, appearing through the door right behind Katniss. "Wherein Katniss Everdeen agreed to support the rebels in exchange for captured victors' immunity. Katniss has upheld her side of the bargain, and so shall we."

Enobaria, who Coin was referring to with the 'she', smiled at Johanna, who didn't seem to like the situation. "Don't look so smug. We'll kill you, anyway."

"Johanna," Melo said with a soft tone, caressing her arm comfortingly to get her from saying anything else.

"I've asked you here to settle a debate. Today we will execute Snow. In previous weeks, hundreds of his accomplices in the oppression of Panem have been tried and now await their own deaths. However, the suffering in the districts has been so extreme that these measures appear insufficient to the victims. In fact, many are calling for a complete annihilation of those who held Capitol citizenry. However, in the interest of maintaining a sustainable population, we cannot afford this." Coin said.

So, what's the alternative? What are you going to propose Coin? Dove thought, trying to figure out Coin's thoughts before she could even announce it.

"So, an alternative has been placed on the table. Since my colleagues and I can come to no consensus, it has been agreed that we will let the victors decide," Coin continued explaining, causing Johanna to chuckle.

"What if we come to no consensus as well? We're sixteen. There might be a tie. Eight in favour and eight against," Johanna pointed out, while Coin seemed to dislike the disruption.

"In that case, it has been decided that Katniss's and Dove's decision will carry the vote. In case the both of them find themselves with different perspectives, I will decide," Coin explained simply before continuing to explain the alternative. "What has been proposed is that in lieu of eliminating the entire Capitol population, we have a final, symbolic Hunger Games, using children directly related to those who held the most power."

So, in the end you'll just decide yourself unless Katniss and I are on the same page, which lucky for you, we are. But, a Hunger Games with Capitol's children? Sure, it sounds tempting, but what did those kids ever do to us? Their parents were the ones who ruined our lives, not them. Dove thought, closing her eyes for a split second to focus back to reality.

A hand laid on her shoulder to make sure she was alright. Finnick, who sat on her left, was the one to be paying more attention to her rather than how the news affected him. She smiled softly, taking the hand off her shoulder to intertwine it with her own as she heard people casting their opinions.

"Definitely no," Theo stated simply after many opinions had been said, which Dove had totally lost count of. How many had voted yes or no? She had no idea. For now, she only knew there was one no.

"Well, I say yes, with Johanna and Enobaria. I want to see them go through our same pain," Rhett said right after his husband.

Three yes, one no. Dove counted in her mind, trying to be mindful of those who seemed to have already said their opinions. Annie, Peeta, Mags and Beetee. None could vote yes for this. They're too kind. So, three yes, five no.